Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before.
More about us
- Our flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks.
- Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI.
- To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
About the job:
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We're searching for a Staff Software Engineer to join Aurora's Cloud team. The Cloud team is responsible for building and maintaining Aurora's cloud infrastructure and development platform.
In this role, you will
- Build developer-facing tooling and infrastructure that creates developer happiness and improves development velocity
- Define, document and build ‘golden paths' for teams to build services in a scalable, secure way
- Work with teams across the company to gather requirements, gather support and drive projects forward
- 5+ years demonstrated experience shipping commercial products and services, preferably in Go.
- Cloud infrastructure experience (AWS preferred)
- Experience writing code in two out of three languages: Go, Python, C++
- Experience building and operating services on Kubernetes
- Experience building developer platforms/frameworks (Backstage.io, Cortex, Humanitec, score.dev, etc) for companies past the start-up stage.
- Full-stack development experience (Typescript/React, Backend Services, Storage)
- Managed ingress solutions (Ambassador, Envoy, Istio, etc)
- AV industry experience
The base salary range for this position is $245,000 to $302,000 per year. Aurora's pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, the successful candidate's starting base pay will be determined based on factors including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, relevant education or training, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. The successful candidate will also be eligible for an annual bonus, equity compensation, and benefits.
Working at Aurora
- At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
- We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
- At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization's long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
- We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog