Imagine a world without paperwork and with more space for creativity. EASY, that's what more than 50,000 companies that use our cloud-based business software think. Do you want to help even more young Swiss companies to make their passion as uncomplicated as possible?
Come and join us in Rapperswill and become part of a versatile team! For almost 10 years, we have been working at two locations and with now over 100 colleagues on our common vision: to make life easier for SMEs and help them be more successful.
In addition to a sense of humour, openness, regular splashing around in Lake Zurich and an uncomplicated team spirit, we offer one thing above all: the chance to discuss new ideas in an open and honest way. We are courageous and look forward to new challenges and your new input.
You want to act proactively in a cross-functional team where your opinion matters and your ideas are heard and implemented? As a Senior Software Engineer at bexio you directly communicate with the product owners and other engineers. Together with colleagues, you can contribute actively in the modernization process of the SaaS platform and become part of an inspiring journey full of challenges. Let's go!
Your new mission could look like this:
- Thanks to your highly testable codes, you can help to shape the future of many SMEs.
- Building, maintaining and improving highly scalable applications is part of your exciting daily work as well as an essential component in bexio's pursuit of a world without unnecessary paperwork.
- Besides, you enhance applications by identifying opportunities for improvement and by making recommendations.
- You document and discuss approaches and take decisions.
- Furthermore, you review code changes, and you implement product requirements.
You enjoy working with juniors and seniors on the shiny and dirty bits of the codebase, but at the same time you believe that sometimes tech is best solved with no code at all, but by talking to the right people? If you also contribute following skills and experience, then you can master your future job successfully:
You have a high level of technical confidence and 5+ years of PHP software development experience.
- You also have at least a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a comparable degree.
- You are familiar with multiple programming languages and frameworks (REST API, Git, Docker and MySQL).
- You are proficient in Symfony, PHPUnit, DoctrineORM, software testing such as TDD and writing test automations.
- You are skilled in restructuring and modernizing legacy systems.
- You are familiar with domain-driven design. (DDD)
- You are comfortable with Jenkins and developing CI/CD pipelines.
- You have gained experience in performance testing in developing IaC solutions on GCP or AWS (Kubernetes) using Terraform and Helm Charts.
- To communicate with your international team, you are proficient in English.
Nice to have:
- German language skills are a plus.