IT is the backbone of the modern world. It enables the day-to-day business of us all. At the same time IT has become extremely complex. Thus, specialists ensure that critical IT infrastructures and applications operate without problems in these challenging environments. Our mission is to develop the best tools to support these specialists to ensure they can fulfill their crucial tasks.
As one of the leading providers of IT monitoring solutions, our software ‘Checkmk' monitors millions of hardware devices and software applications, from small IoT devices to systems in large and distributed data centers. Over 2,500 paying customers use the Checkmk Enterprise Edition on a daily basis, and our Open Source version has tens of thousands of users worldwide. By working closely with this community, we ensure that our product really helps our customers.
We are building out our Kubernetes monitoring both on native Kubernetes as well as on enterprise (Openshift, Rancher) and managed Kubernetes platforms (AWS EKS, Azure AKS, Google GKE). To help us build the best Kubernetes monitoring and move our product further towards Infrastructure-as-Code, we are looking for a Senior Python Developer (m/f/d) experienced in working in Kubernets environments.
As a Senior Python Developer (m/f/d) with Kubernetes-Focus you support the team in readying Checkmk for a “Kubernetes-World”.
- You are responsible for the expansion of our Kubernetes monitoring for native, enterprise and managed Kubernetes platforms
- You help shape our dashboards for Kubernetes environments
- You ensure our product´s installation and configuration approach matches those expected in Kubernetes environments
- You help us move our product more towards Infrastructure-as-Code set-ups
- You take the responsibility for the further development of our architecture
- You actively shape the DevOps culture in our team and help with knowledge sharing within the team
- You have deep experience in running applications in Kubernetes
- You understand the Kubernetes architecture and its different services in details
- You have set-up Kubernetes cluster yourself and operated it in production
- Ideally you have done the monitoring of Kubernetes in production environments as part of your job
- Ideally you have used Helm Charts, Terraform and CloudFormation and are a fan of Infrastructure-as-Code
- Ideally you have developed application architecture leveraging the possibilities that Kubernetes brings
- You use Python as your primary language
- You have more than 5 Years of experience working as a software developer in DevOps environments
We are a dynamic, fast growing and easy-going company where positive collaboration is very important. We are more than just colleagues; we have a strong team and a great customer community. For us, high autonomy and flat hierarchies are not just words on paper, but everyday life. With us you don't work as one of hundreds or on purely theoretical questions but have an immediate positive influence.
With our product, we make the lives of thousands of administrators easier and help them in coping with the increasing complexity of IT. Our customers love our product and your work helps to keep it that way!
- The chance to make a decisive impact and shape the future of a dynamic, fast growing tech company while growing with your tasks and responsibilities
- A agile team that embodies autonomy and fast decision making within flat hierarchies
- A personal budget for trainings and learnings
- A product and company customers love
- A wide range of education and training opportunities
- Flexible and family-friendly working conditions
- An office in one of the most beautiful, central districts of Munich (currently home office)
- Regular events of all sorts in a familiar atmosphere
Interested? Then contact us now!