We're hiring an Engineering Director to help shape our products and tools that serve our member users, employers, internal teams, and health provider partners.
This is a unique opportunity for a seasoned manager and strong leader who can work with talented people in product, design, data science, operations, and engineering to offer fitness and other wellness benefits to employees and health plan subscribers. It's a very high impact role where you will interface with employers, partner health plans, fitness locations and all major product & platform teams at FitOn Health. The role requires you to roll up your sleeves to contribute, while managing the work of an outsourced team and growing an internal team of engineers. The person in this role will spend approximately 40% of their time as an independent contributor. The role demands strong communication, leadership and technical chops. This is a 100% remote position, open to U.S. based applicants only.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to help shape product roadmap that aligns with the broader company vision and high-stakes business goals
- A strong ability to architect and design robust, high-scale systems and to challenge engineers to think bigger and more generically in developing their solutions
- Be responsible for roadmap execution and delivery of projects with a focus on high-quality while moving fast
- Recruit high-quality engineering talent to drive the steady growth of the team in both power and numbers to meet the our business objectives
- Help define the engineering culture and uphold the processes that will shape the future of the team
- Run regular 1:1s with direct reports and outsourced team members helping to remove blockers, provide context, and support success in their contributions towards business value and personal growth
- Provide peer review, pair programming, and overflow support of technical contributions across our platform
- Bachelor's degree in an information/comp-sci program or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- 3-5 years of professional experience leading a technical team, preferably one comprised of API, database, web, mobile apps, and/or infrastructure
- 7+ years of professional experience as a technical contributor
- Must have extensive experience with .NET, within the last 2 years
- Recent experience acting in an Independent Contributor capacity, ideally within the last 1-2 years
- Azure experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an emphasis on being an effective active listener but balanced with strength in being direct and driving compassionate accountability
- Comfort with open source tooling
- Proven success and experience managing both internal and external of engineers simultaneously
- Passionate about health and fitness
- A track record of shipping incredible products, and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the product delivery cycle
- Experience with experimentation, shipping, measuring and improving product updates based on both quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Be a collaborative teammate who can partner with different teams and functions.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, .NET, Azure and AWS Cloud infrastructure
- Experience delivering and scaling consumer web and mobile products to millions of users
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone can achieve the highest quality of health and wellness for life. If you have curiosity, passion, and a collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's tackle health and wellness together!
FitOn is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the hiring process, please let us know.
FitOn is the largest health & wellness platform providing instant access to the widest variety of premium workouts and health experiences, all from world class trainers, experts and celebrities. We work with top health plans and 13,000+ enterprise customers to drive best-in-class engagement and an integrated solution for preventative care through our digital platform, expansive network of fitness studios and gyms, and condition management courses. FitOn has leading engagement with more than 12M+ members who have completed over 1 billion workout minutes on the platform