A little about us. Splunk is the key to enterprise resilience for the 11,000+ organizations that use our Unified Security and Observability Platform. We regularly appear on a lot of “Best Places to Work” lists and we think it's because we encourage our Splunkers to bring their whole, authentic selves. So bring your work experience, problem-solving skills and talent, of course, but also bring your joy, your passion and all the things that make you, you. Because when you feel free to be you, it makes it a lot easier for us to be us.
Join us as we pursue our innovative new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you looking to make an impact? The work you will do directly impacts the adoption and optimization of the Splunk platform for some of our most important customers. We bring strategic technical mentorship to the world to make people happier with our software, and just as importantly, we bring the world's needs and wants back to Splunk to make our software better. We also have the chance to see firsthand the phenomenal ways customers use Splunk and adapt our software to include the things that are most impactful.
As a DevOps & Observability (APM) Assigned Expert for our Professional Services team, you are passionate about customers and their journey to use Splunk to its fullest capabilities. You will help customers adopt and optimize their environment through consistent touch points and strategic mentorship, ensuring our customers realize the quickest time to value, and maximum return on their investment. You will collaborate with the team and share your inputs as we build standard processes and procedures that enable us to deliver the highest level of service, drive scale and automate key functions.
Additionally, you will tackle the resolution of our customer's most complicated problems, including the ones they didn't even know existed. Splunkers are self-motivated and have a steadfast thirst to learn innovative technologies and thrive in constantly evolving environments. As a successful Splunk Assigned Expert you will be adept at understanding, adapting and guiding our customers on how to best use our Platform. Are you up for the challenge?
- Strategic execution of adoption and optimization activities in long-term engagements, which includes regular meeting cadence, documentation, and representation of valuable outcomes from your work with customers.
- High-quality technical mentorship on Enterprise level architecture, configuration, and optimization work in sophisticated environments for area of field including Splunk Core/Cloud, ITOps, DevOps, and APM
- Build, drive, and report on customer success plans
- Customer advocacy for key initiatives and discreet needs across the internal Splunk ecosystem
- Serve as a dedicated point of contact for customer needs including adoption, optimization, customer success and technical escalations.
- Ability to act as the trusted advisor and product specialist for assigned customers
- Able to thoughtfully manage strategic accounts that demand a high level of partnership, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Willingness to stop, collaborate and listen to technical and non-technical consumers from IT administrators to executive level partners
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills a must
- Listen objectively to others' opinions and ideas applying active listening skills
- Strong customer facing skills that instill confidence and provide mentorship towards resolution with high customer satisfaction
- Strong validated experience with leadership, business insight, problem solving, critical thinking, project management, and analytical skills
- Project management skills and/or certification or demonstrated success in managing competing priorities timely and on-budget
- Highly effective at organizing, planning and leading customers through sophisticated change
- 5+ years of current experience in technical consulting or Application Performance Monitoring (APM)
- Strong development proficiency in at least 3 of the following programming languages Java, .NET, PHP, Ruby, Python, Node.JS, Objective-C, Java-Dalvik
- Current experience working with Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker
- Solid experience working with microservices in cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure
- Experience working with at least 2 of the following Nagios, Monit, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), Confluence, JIRA, Consul.io, Jenkins, Lambda
- Strong open systems application and infrastructure knowledge
- Clear understanding of network and system management solutions
- Organized with a healthy sense of urgency, able to set; communicate; and meet aggressive deadlines with competing priorities
- Experience with both the Unix and Windows operating systems; comfortable on the command line interface
- Self-motivated and self-educating, always interested in keeping up with technology and improving oneself
- Demonstrable understanding of common enterprise applications (APM, and microservices)
- Not required, but a plus knowledge of Splunk administration or Splunk Platform experience
- This is a remote position
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or substantial relevant on the job experience
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Note Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for incentive compensation and may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, an ESPP and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https //splunkbenefits.com.