You will lead, design, maintain and evolve the infrastructure at Sure. You are a hands on, collaborative, adaptive, detail oriented and forward looking leader and will build policies, standards and processes designed to allow for rapid growth in a secure environment.
This would be the first dedicated role for infrastructure purposes. Since you would be the first, the role will consists of 2 hats: A daily hands on SRE hat, and a high-level planning and strategic hat. Our philosophy is that you would be teaching us as much as you'd learn from us. By learning and inspiring others, you'll help cultivate an environment that makes us better at what we do each day.
We are a Python shop, and our platform is built with Django. Our data is stored in PostgreSQL and MongoDB databases. Our infrastructure is on top of AWS and maintained with Terraform. We are 100% containerized with docker, and orchestrated with Kubernetes, and we use Helm to tie it all together in our CI pipeline.
What you'll be doing:
- Plan and execute an infrastructure roadmap, collaborating with stakeholders across teams.
- Maintain and improve our entire infrastructure.
- Add to our developer tool belt to improve our teams day-to-day.
- Constantly improve our deployment pipelines, monitoring, uptime and networking.
- Maintain our IaC standards and implement tools to automate operations and toil.
- Help conduct risk assessments and build risk mitigation plans.
- Contribute your insights across teams to help us improve or re-architect existing systems for scale, security and extensibility.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years in an SRE or DevOps role in a financial or technology startup.
- 3+ years experience Linux, the shell and bash scripting.
- 2+ years experience with Kubernetes, Docker and Terraform.
- 2+ Experience with AWS IAM, networking, database and compute services.
- Experience programming with Python, Ruby, Java or Go.
- Experience translating strategic goals into actionable projects.
- Have a risk-averse mindset with it comes to production data, access and security.
- Have an experimental mindset with it comes to improving our infrastructure.
- A passion for finding an elegant solution for complex problems.
- When you see something broken, you can't help but fix it.
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written.
- Self-directed and self-motivated individuals comfortable working with diverse teams.
Sure, an insurance technology company, powers digital insurance programs for the world’s most recognized brands and carriers. Its enterprise SaaS Platform and APIs accelerate digital transformation and omnichannel distribution without the need for additional IT resources. Sure streamlines all aspects of digital insurance sales and service with features designed for each phase of the insurance lifecycle. Founded in 2014, the company is headquartered in Santa Monica, California and has customers around the globe.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Employment at Sure is contingent upon a satisfactory verification of a general and criminal background check. Upon an offer of employment, all prospective employees may be required to complete an employment application. Any background verifications will be obtained with written consent from the individual.