Henry Schein One is the global leader in dental management, analytics, communication, and marketing software. Our company's products and services work together as one simple solution to provide users with a seamless and integrated experience.
Our company thrives because of our people. We believe in supportive, diverse, and inclusive workforce, inclusive environments, professional development opportunities, and competitive compensation packages. We value innovation, teamwork, and encourage work-life balance.
Important: _This position is 100% remote within the United States. _Unfortunately, Henry Schein One is unable to hire individuals residing in Alaska, North Dakota, Hawaii, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Washington DC, Puerto Rico, or other US Territories at this time. This role will only consider W2 candidates and not C2C candidates.
- We are seeking a mid-level DevOps position responsible for performing system analysis and issue verification.
- Assists in the specification, coding, testing, beta, release, and production support for assigned Henry Schein One products.
- Monitors production systems before, during and after releases to ensure performance stability and reliability.
- Maintains communication channels between operations and development to facilitate cooperation between teams.
- Functions as a key member of the Development team for the assigned business unit and provides needed development support.
- You will be very focused on an "Automate Everything" mindset.
What You'll Do
- Participate as part of a software development team in a collaborative manner
- Create, modify, and maintain documentation on infrastructure, software, systems, and disaster recovery processes
- Assists in the development and deployment of solutions that follow established standards
- Develop and implement scripts and automation tools to build security, reliability, and scalability into the CI/CD pipeline
- Troubleshoot build and deployment issues
- Work with Dev teams to apply DevOps best practices to modernize applications to become cloud-native
- Support all levels of on-premise (VMWare) and cloud (AWS) environments
- Create and maintain Helm templates
- Cluster orchestration through Kubernetes
- Implement Logging Monitoring and Alerting (LMA) and respond to cluster/instance health and security alerts/tools
- Work with QE Automation, Development, and the InfoSec to integrate testing tools into pipelines
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent working experience
- 2+ years of DevOps experience
- AWS /Cloud experience
- Container orchestration experience, preferably Kubernetes
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) experience (Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Advanced use of HELM, YAML, Bash, Python and/or PowerShell scripting
- Understanding of on-prem (VMWare) and cloud (AWS) environments
- Basic understanding of writing SQL scripts
- Implementing and supporting DevOps pipelines with a CI/CD tool focus on GitLab, TeamCity
- Containerizing applications using Docker and Kubernetes (HELM) for container orchestration
- Experience with AWS including EC2, ECR, Load balancing, S3, VPC, etc.
- Using Git (GitLab) for code/repository management and CI-CD pipelines
- Parameterizing and automating environment configuration settings
- Experience working with a security team to ‘shift left' and follow DevSecOps practices
- Experience managing services in a VMware environment with aim to migrate to cloud computing
- Understanding of a range of software architectural patterns, networking protocols, and software database technologies can help influence and advise on the best options to employ
- Understanding of administration of production infrastructure and systems including storage, virtualization technologies, and load balancing
- Understanding of Agile development methodology
- Ability to troubleshoot and help resolve escalated infrastructure issues
- Understanding of Windows and Linux Server implementations
- Understanding of applications that run inside a web application infrastructure
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
What You Get As a Henry Schein One Employee
- A great place to work with fantastic people
- A career in the healthcare technology industry, with the ability to grow and realize your full potential
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package! Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage, 401K Plan with Company Match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Parental Leave, Short Term Disability, Work Life Assistance Program, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Education Benefits, Worldwide Scholarship Program, Volunteer Opportunities, and more.