EventMe is a brand new social media experience, seeking to connect people through shared interests and real-world events. Founded and led by experienced entrepreneurs and technologists who have built multiple successful businesses, the EventMe team is distributed across the world: in Europe, Asia and Africa. We are a remote-first company and open to hiring from across the globe!
Who we're looking for:
- We are looking for a senior DevOps engineer to work on our GRAND Stack (Neo4J + GraphQL) based architecture, with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- You will have the opportunity to work directly with the CTO and an experienced engineering team to build scalable & performant infrastructure designed to scale to billions of users.
- Our technologies are based on the GRAND stack: GraphQL, React Native, Apollo Server, Neo4j Graph Database with TypeScript everywhere. However, for this role we're looking for people with experience in setting up infrastructure.
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience using Docker, Kubernetes, Serverless and IAC tools like Pulumi and GCP (Google Cloud) experience, as well as being versed in best practices around security and APM solutions.
- Experience setting up and tuning CI/CD, caches (Redis) and messaging systems (Kafka), managing stateful workloads on Kubernetes (neo4j or other databases) would be a plus.
- The more demonstrable experience you have with these technologies, the greater your chances of success.
In addition to competitive salaries, we will offer attractive ESOP (equity/share options) to candidates that show a long-term commitment to the project. Applicants must be able to work with a 6-hour overlap with Europe working hours (CEST 0900-1800).
We are looking for long-term partnerships with developers on a full-time basis. If you are an agency, we are not interested. If you cannot commit to 40 hours/week and are not looking to be part of a dedicated, hard-working startup team working in an exciting, competitive and fast-growing sector then PLEASE DO NOT APPLY.