Valstro was founded during the COVID-19 Pandemic and has been operating on a “remote-first” basis ever since. That said, as the world starts to return to normal, another of our core values is that there is just no substitute for in-person collaboration when it comes to certain kinds of knowledge work. We recently moved into a physical office in Midtown NYC that is a key part of our goal of moving from fully remote work to a hybrid arrangement.
Valstro offers an excellent benefits package with top-tier health insurance, 401k plans and highly competitive overall compensation.
Regardless of where you are sitting, Valstro is a wonderful place to work. Leadership brings a genuine wealth of experience and industry knowledge, and for a young company, we humbly believe that we have our product/market fit very carefully dialed in. As we move to execute and deliver the vision to clients, the Engineering team will need client-obsessed, delivery-focused high performers (with a healthy dose of humility, of course) that we can help grow into the FinTech leaders of the future. If this excites you, we would love to chat.
What are we looking for?
We are looking to add you to our Engineering team at Valstro. We aim to create a manageable, scalable, and cost-efficient service that fully embraces modern software development tools and methods.
The ideal candidate for this role has experience building enterprise-level software using a major programming language, hands-on experience with microservices and containerized solutions, and a genuine passion for software development. We have several seats to fill and are recruiting both junior and senior engineers.
What will you be doing?
- Building applications/services from scratch
- Participating in architecture, technology selection and design
- Building, testing, deploying, and supporting the software
- Collaborating with other Valstro teams, including Product Management, and participating in definition and improvement of processes and tools
- Learning and Teaching – Mentoring and Coaching new hires, keeping up with the latest technologies and sharing your experiences
What you need to bring
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related engineering discipline
- Real world experience developing productions systems using a major language (C++, Java, .NET. TypeScript etc.) including use of popular frameworks/libraries
- Experience building multi-threaded/concurrent applications
- Experience working in a Linux environment (CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu etc. - any flavor is ok)
- Hands on experience of a containerized environment using Docker, Kubernetes or similar.
- Practical use of NoSQL databases (Redis, Couchbase, Dynamo, Cassandra etc.)
- Experience working with messaging queues (Kafka, JMS, RabbitMQ, EventHub etc.)
- Some exposure to React, Angular and other UI technologies