TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to empowering play in youth sports. We value trust, communication, and fun more than big company policies. We empower our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos which lands us on Outside Magazine's list of “Best Places to Work” on the regular.
TeamSnap is seeking a Staff Site Reliability Engineer to join our remote platform team.
This role will directly report to Trey Tacon with regular interactions with Product, Platform team members, and other engineers across TeamSnap.
What you'll be doing:
Help us develop reliable, scalable, and efficient container orchestrated solutions for our new and existing applications. You'll be using Kubernetes, Helm, Spinnaker, Docker, and other cloud technologies to deliver our apps to over 25 million users in more than 195 countries.
What'll set you up for success:
- Strong experience deploying, managing, and migrating Kubernetes applications.
- Strong computer networking skills, including load balancing, NET/SNAT, VPN, and troubleshooting OSI layer 3/4/7
- Experience with Terraform or similar infrastructure-as-code tools.
- Experience mentoring and coaching team members as well as being open to developing yourself.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or similar infrastructure services.
- Experience maintaining, building, and troubleshooting with distributed systems.
- Experience collecting, analyzing, and monitoring resource and application metrics.
- Experience automating CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with Linux systems and writing BASH scripts.
- Experience with Go or Ruby as languages to write internal tools.
- Building Docker containers for frontend and backend applications.
- Experience working with Helm to manage Kubernetes applications.
Got cold feet? If you're thinking you don't meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. We're all humans with special talents that go beyond what's listed here.
We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but this job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you're welcome to come to the office). TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, so you must be very comfortable working with people who aren't in the same physical location as you or each other. While we love all parts of the world, we can only hire permanent US residents at this time.
We're committed to equitable compensation for all TeamSnappers. The salary for this role starts at a minimum of $145,000 plus bonus and benefits. This applies to Colorado-based employees only and may be adjusted based on work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Benefits and Perks
TeamSnap provides a culture of trust, boundless opportunities to grow, and the chance to make a lasting impact. Benefits include:
- We're not just remote, we're known for being remote-first. We've been working remotely since before COVID made it cool
- Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
- 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you AND your entire family
- 401K to help you invest for the future
- $1,500 annual learning and development stipend
- Travel to fun locations for all-company meetings and team events
- Generous home office allowance to set you up for success
- TeamSnap Swag to keep you looking sharp
- Monthly stipend for health & wellness and much more! Click here for the deets!
Inclusion and Diversity
Bring your real self. Celebrate what makes you unique. Part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity includes deepening our relationships with our employee resource groups (women, people of color, and LGBTQ+). Our ERGs partner regularly with the executive team and people experience team to hold TeamSnap accountable in building an environment where everyone feels valued. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.