Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has become the world's leading WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), now with over 160,000 customers in 150 countries. We're proud of the technology and service we offer our customers that move their businesses forward faster.
The evolution of our platform is required for our scale, and we are searching for an experienced software engineer to join our rapidly growing engineering team. If you are an engineer experienced with technology transformations, service oriented architectures, mentoring engineers and are motivated by scale, you may be the engineer we are looking for.
DAY TO DAY
- Write, test, integrate, debug, and solve software applications that are resilient, robust, secure, maintainable, and perform at scale
- Improve test coverage and build deployment pipelines to safely and rapidly push new code to production
- Expand and fine-tune observability services to aid engineering and support efforts and create better feedback loops
- Constantly look for opportunities to automate and optimize
- Work closely with Product Management to ensure that your frequent, incremental code changes add new value to our customers
- Lead technical solutions and system design across WP Engine
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or a related field) OR equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in a software development role, delivering high quality software
- Ability to work with and switch between multiple programming languages primarily PHP, Python and Golang
- Experience with cloud and containerized technologies and services
- GCP, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with developing and maintaining APIs and microservices
- History of technical leadership, problem solving and taking ownership of features
- Proactive with natural problem solving abilities, an inquisitive personality, a continuous learning approach, and an eagerness to tackle big problems even with uncertain requirements.