The Solutions Architect (SA) is responsible for driving and co-owning Future Datacenter solution sales, business development, and marketing activities within his/her assigned region. The role functions as a partnership with the primary account manager and as a result is not limited to traditional “overlay role” restrictions, the SA is expected to take a consistently proactive approach to developing the technical solutions business in the region. The SA is the technical lead in the region for pre-sales (both transactional and professional services) customer engagements and sales enablement for the respective region.
The role also serves as the liaison between the assigned sales team and customers and professional services delivery resources which include both in-house and partner delivered services. The SA will scope professional services opportunities and assist in the creation and delivery of Statements of Work (SoW) to customers. The SA will be required to maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge across a broad set of foundational technologies as well as at least one specific technology set to serve as the subject matter expert for that specific subject on a national and/or global scale.
- Assisting with account leadership, business development, and managed services teams on our Future Workplace portfolio and how to position and architect our solutions to build customer value and drive revenue growth.
- Leadership and delivery teams during architectural design sessions, key customer workshops, implementation project reviews, and end-to-end solution shaping.
- Partners and co-owns sales activities at a customer level with the field-based account manager (Business Development Manager)
- Performance and success measured by GP performance of region and individual accounts. Performance based quarterly incentives will be structured in commission format.
- Analyze & gather business requirement from large & complexity client environment and perform required research and investigation to identify and create thorough, accurate technical solution proposals based on client requirements.
- Responsible for partnering with BDMs and local sales leadership to drive net new business opportunities within the existing regional account base as well as supporting customer acquisition activities as assigned.
- Prepares cost estimates for licensing and product sales as well as professional services (deployment, migration, implementation, workshops, etc.) by studying blueprints, plans, and related customer documents; consulting with other engineers, architects, practice leads and other professional and technical personnel (both internal and external).
- Develop overall solutions including high-level design (e.g.-Whiteboarding), statements of work (SOW), service design and bills of materials (BOM).
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate skills and applicable experience in the following technical roles. Good technical knowledge in areas of private, hybrid and public cloud;
- On-Prem to Cloud migration approach - IaaS, PaaS and how to migrate on-premises infrastructure to the cloud
- Cloud Compute, Storage, Database
- Cloud Governance
- Cloud Optimization
- Cloud Native Applications
- Landing Zone and Control Tower
- Common Cloud Integration Points
- Serverless Architecture
- Re-Architecture of Database on Cloud for Scale
- Cloud Security, Risk and Compliance and Shared Security Model
- Experience in Container technology (Docker, Kubernetes) will be added advantage
- Big Data and Analytics will be an added advantage
- Datawarehouse and BI will be an added advantage
Skills, Qualification & Certifications
- University degree preferred (in the field of Information Technology and/or or equivalent combination of experience and education; Bachelor's degree preferred).
- Cloud related Solutions Architecture certification
- Knowledge of ITSM; ITIL v4; Agile; DevOps;
- 10+ years' experience of architecting and supporting sales on Private, Hybrid & Cloud native solutions spanning infrastructure, platforms, applications, devices, security, data, experience, and business improvement
- Sales and/or end to end solutioning accountability and track record for a pipeline of $10M+ TCV managed services deals with demonstrable innovation and value creation plus evidence of successful cross and upsell motions.
- Service design, integration, implementation/transition and lifecycle management including development of performance metrics spanning operations, experience and business value
- Ability to independently conduct meetings with engineering-level, management-level or executive level customer personnel in regard to positioning sales and solutions.
- Workplace services strategy, organization and operations consultancy knowledge
- Experience of working within a matrixed business spanning consulting and technology services and onshore/nearshore/offshore delivery centers
- Experience in leading, implementing, and deploying innovative go-to-market strategies (all sales and marketing initiatives) across large scale services-based opportunities
- 3+ years' of experience in team leadership