Join Namespace to build the development and production platform for teams that ship.
After iterating our core product with a small team and a closed user group, we're looking to grow our team as we get ready to ship a GA product and accelerate GTM. We are looking for people who share our passion for creating a unified development and production platform to help teams focus on building their applications.
Namespace control planedevelopment and production platform for teams that ship
In this role you'll:
- Be responsible for designing and implementing key APIs of the Namespace platform (both internal and externally facing).
- Operate across multiple layers of our stack, whether interfacing with the underlying container and virtualization infrastructure or with our frontends.
- Collaborate closely with product and engineering across the company.
- Directly contribute to the product roadmap, together with the rest of the team, and be empowered to drive key product and technical design decisions.
These are just a few examples. We're a small company with little to no rigid roles and have a ton to do. We're happy to help you contribute to the areas you find most interesting.
You will thrive in this role if you:
- Previously worked with Go, and/or in other distributed control planes (e.g. Kubernetes control plane, Kubernetes controllers, Envoy, etc).
- Have experience with load balancing, ingress and egress network policies, HTTP and/or gRPC.
- Have set up and operated logging aggregation and metrics across multiple services.
- Ponder what the right verbs and nouns that an API should make use of are.
- Are energized about the idea of jumping into different machines and containers to debug a hard-to-understand pattern or bug.
- You can concisely describe your ideas in written form, and quickly put together proofs of concept.
- Excel in a work environment that is mostly asynchronous (writing, messaging, videos).
- Have a passion for infrastructure, and keep yourself up to date with advances in the industry.
- Thrive in ambiguity and can charter your own path.
- You're energized to learn and apply new technologies and skills.
- Feel a sense of responsibility to bring the most value possible to users.
We don't expect everyone to meet 100% of the qualifications above, so if you don't, you should still seriously consider applying.
You can expect:
- Industry-competitive salary (we're happy to share the details with you early on).
- Equity package with friendly terms intended to become life-changing for early team members.
- Fully remote with flexible hours wherever you call home, although we ask that your workday overlaps at least four hours with CET. Equipment budget for your home office.
- 25 days PTO, health benefits, and pension account with full employer match.
Life at Namespace Labs:
- We pride ourselves in being a small team that can achieve beyond what's usually expected for our numbers.
- We balance our long-term vision with short-term pragmatism.
- We believe in being fully transparent internally on how decisions are made, on how the company is doing, and we use that information to drive our decisions.
What to expect from the hiring process:
Nothing beats seeing your work and you seeing ours. Right at the application stage we'd love examples of your past technical work (e.g. link to an open repo with your code), and design work (e.g. design document, an email proposal, UI mock, or a code comment) that you feel best represents how you approach problem solving. We also make sure you get to engage with our product and team through out the process.