We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our exciting new Product strategy and Innovation team who will build out the next generation of our platform. The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable modern data platforms. We're looking for someone with experience in business intelligence, analytics, data science and data products. They must have strong, first-hand technical expertise in a variety of data integrations and web technologies with the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can manage large disparate data sets and data streaming. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision as part of the new Product Strategy and Innovations team. This person should embody a passion for continuous innovation and rapid development of ideas to impress customers and go beyond existing boundaries.
The ideal candidate is a digital innovator, able to take ideas and turn them in to working software products, someone who is continually learning and building upon their skills as new technologies emerge that enable new ways of using data to add value to our customers, a problem solver. The ideal experience is in a wide range of Technologies, can write clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages, and has the capability to go full stack to deliver the right product for our customers. We are looking for someone who wants the freedom to create innovative new solutions and break down traditional barriers and help coach the existing team to expand their abilities.
- Help define the approach to coding based on creating a strong user experience and meeting technical requirements
- Guide, coach and mentor software development engineers
- Assist Technical Support on complex customer issues (e.g., advanced scripts to transform data such as data joins across tables)
- Identify new technologies that if implemented could help deliver product priorities
- Ensure security and quality are baked into every part of the solution.
- Rapidly develop integrations capabilities for standards-based end points such as Restful APIs.
- Use existing technologies where possible and develop new solutions to rapidly create innovative new products that can be coupled together to enhance client value.
- Integrate existing software products enabling incompatible platforms to work together as part of a workflow.
- Deliver on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Write operational documentation with technical authors.
- Enable the maintenance of systems by building in monitoring and helping the support team by correcting software defects
- Proficient in C# and .NET Core, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch, especially aggregation queries and NEST.NET library
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- 8+ years working in .net core
- Experience working in a micro service architecture
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Some familiarity with Cloud Technology
- Experience writing unit tests and integration tests
- Experience working in an Agile development
- Good understanding of SOLID principles and Clean code.
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases (Elastic stack preferred)