Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive.
Software Architect, Productivity Engineering
Productivity Engineering at Netskope focuses on building frameworks and tools for enabling the developers to work efficiently. We are looking for an Architect to help us develop and release software at high speed, scale and sophistication by advising, recommending and managing the frameworks. You will collaborate with various stakeholders, like other Architects, Engineers, Program Managers and SREs. This position has direct visibility to the exec staff, thus presenting a unique opportunity to influence strategic decisions and learn.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Evangelize modern and upcoming technologies, and practices - make them part of our Engineering culture.
- Design Developer-Experience and CI/CD architecture and roadmap to quality driven polyglot software development life cycle.
- Roll out deliverables to internal customers in phases, monitor adoption, collect feedback, and fine-tune the project to respond to organizational needs.
- Update engineering management with progress and help make strategic choices.
- Consult with other architects across the R&D and Infrastructure Engineering teams to ensure our solution is addressing developers' needs.
- Create automated systems that reduce the cognitive load and enable other members of the productivity team.
- 12+ years of experience with significant exposure to Productivity Engineering and related areas like Automation, Developer-Experience, DevOps, Cloud etc.
- Top notch Python or GoLang programming and code review skills
- Advanced level understanding of Kubernetes constructs, micro services architecture and design patterns for Enterprise SAAS class scale & success.
- In-depth knowledge of DevOps tools like Terraform, Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet, Spinnaker, OpenStack etc.
- Intimate knowledge of SCM, CI, Build & Packaging tools like git, Makefiles, Jenkins, CircleCI, Drone, Bazel, Pip, Apt, Artifactory, Docker Registry, Helm etc.
- BSCS or equivalent required, MSCS or equivalent strongly preferred