GDS exists to help government make brilliant public services that empower people in the UK. We work at the very centre of government to drive digital transformation, focused on users. We build and maintain common platforms, products and tools for others to use and create great public services that are accessible, inclusive and easy to use. We also work with departments to identify patterns, share learning and create change to make government more efficient.
Our teams are organised around delivering on our priorities. These are:
- making it easier for people to find what they are looking for on GOV.UK
- building common service platforms to make it simpler and cheaper to build quality digital services
- promoting agile, user-centred design practices both in the UK and across the world
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will:
- be part of one of our multidisciplinary service teams working with and supporting front-end and back-end developers, delivery and product managers, tech writers and architects
- build and maintain resilient, highly available and secure systems to meet the needs of our users
- take responsibility for solving complex and interesting problems
- create infrastructure as code to ensure our infrastructure and deployment pipelines are reusable, repeatable and reliable
✨ Your Story
We're interested in people who:
- are experienced with Linux operating system internals and are comfortable working with Linux virtual machines or containers
- have experience of working with technologies that underpin digital services such as databases, web servers, DNS, CDNs, reverse proxies, message queues and load balancers
- have experience of cloud infrastructure providers such as AWS
- are familiar with container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes, ECS or Cloud Foundry; or serverless application design such as AWS Lambda
Some of the benefits our people love!
- Civil Service pension schemes which ranges between 24-30%
- 25 days + 1 special days leave for the Queen's birthday. An additional days leave is accrued for every year of service up-to 30 days.
- flexible working and a brilliant work life balance