Join a tight-knit, fast-growing team on the leading edge of cloud infrastructure technology. As our second Senior Support Engineer, you'll help us build a scalable, customer-first support process, address customer issues as they come up via all of our support channels (email, Slack, and ZenDesk), and influence the direction of our product by tracking and communicating customer needs. We're looking for someone who is as passionate about our product and customers as we are—as one of our first 20 employees, you'll have the opportunity to shape the future of our support organization and technology.
Backed by leading VCs and software executives and founded by ex-Google cloud engineers and PMs, Stackwatch empowers teams to efficiently operate Kubernetes at scale. Starting with our flagship product Kubecost, we build tooling and intelligence to manage cost, performance, reliability and other infrastructure operability challenges. Our team is fully distributed, and we're dedicated to building a vibrant, remote-first company culture that focuses on kindness and collaboration while achieving outsized results.
This role provides a blend of customer-facing problem solving and engineering. Specifically, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work directly with customers on their implementation of Kubecost to solve key architecture questions and challenges.
- Efficiently and proactively resolve ongoing technical issues for customers, using independent problem-solving skills to track down answers and employing unassailable judgment to escalate tickets where appropriate.
- Become a specialist in our product features and troubleshoot them through testing and collaboration with others.
- Identify areas of improvement for our support ecosystem (ex. documentation, guides, open source tools, etc) and write clear, user-friendly documentation to aid our customers.
- Take the lead on developing and improving our support processes and systems, laying the foundation for a world-class support organization.
- Champion the value and benefits of Kubecost to customers and prospects.
- Work directly with the founding team and engineers to influence the product and its roadmap.
- Contribute code where you see an opportunity.
What you should have:
- Team player mindset that embraces the challenge of solving complex problems with both technical + soft skills
- High degree of personal responsibility and responsiveness, with a proactive, flexible, and solution-oriented approach
- Demonstrable clarity of thought and the ability to independently navigate ambiguous situations and achieve results
- Availability during our support hours (currently 9AM–6PM Pacific Time)
- Experience with at least one of the main cloud providers (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Experience with Kubernetes, comfort with related terminology, and an eagerness to learn more
- Experience with or a general understanding of the following projects:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, professional and friendly demeanor, and comfort interacting with customers via email, Slack, phone, and video