Oursky is a software product studio proudly based in Hong Kong, comprising a diverse and socially progressive team of experts working remotely from different locations. We are a technology-oriented and developer-driven team who values craftsmanship.
Our mission is to create open-source solutions to help enterprises in digital transformation and support developers in building secure and privacy-aware software. We are self-funded, ensuring our engineering culture and excellence are built into our digital products.
Oursky's Professional Services team builds digital products with great user experience for clients all over the world. We provide user interface and user experience (UI/UX) design, agile software development, QA as a Service, and product management services for clients that range from rockstar startups to multinationals like Standard Chartered Bank, A.S. Watson Group, and Nvidia.
We also have a machine learning team that provides machine learning and data warehouse services.
Our products include:
- Authgear — an open-source auth-as-a-service solution for consumer-facing web and mobile applications. Authgear is developer-friendly with opinionated defaults. It helps developers improve security of their apps by easily enabling 2FA, session management, and passwordless login out of the box. Authgear helps businesses unify the authentication experience across multiple platforms with simple integration.
- FormX.ai — we help businesses understand documents with latest AI technologies. FormX is an API that extracts structured information from mobile device-captured documents or forms. Our clients range from Shopping Malls who want to extract product line items from receipts to recommend better offers to customers, to Governments who want to speed up approval process by verifying address and name from bank statements automatically.
- Gesprek — an open-source social commerce software for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). We unify different chat channels such as WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, or email, and make it easy for sales teams to perform conversational sales with customers by integrating various customer relationship management (CRM) and e-commerce platforms.
We have a strong engineering culture. We use the latest programming languages (most of our codes are in Python and Go, but we also use Haskell, Rust, and other new languages experimentally), employ a high standard of code review, and adopt streamlined internal tools for DevOps and continuous integration (CI).
We're looking for senior software engineers to join our project team! Senior Engineers at Oursky should be able to handle software projects on their own; and based on performance, be promoted to Tech Lead for coaching or with expertise in some specific areas.
- You will architect and build new web or mobile apps in their entirety.
- You will be involved in discussions, planning and brainstorming features for different digital products.
- You will coach junior developers via onboarding mentorship, standup meetings and code review.
- You will be following our development process including using Github, Pull Request review, retrospective code review, issue tracking in sprints cycle, and CI with Gitlab, etc.
- You will demonstrate your technical excellence, coaching others, improving our tech and development process.
- Have fun and play with the cats in our office. :)
We write code in the following tech stacks, you don't have to know all of these, but you should be able to pick up most of these technologies quickly:
- Backend: Python, Go, Typescript, C#, Kotlin, Rust
- Web Frontend / PWA: React.js, Vue.js, Ionic
- Storage/Cache: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Elastic Search
- Mobile: Native iOS (Swift), Android (Kotlin), React Native, Flutter
- Tools: Basecamp, Slack, Github, zube.io (http://zube.io/)
- DevOps: Docker, k8s, Gitlab Runner
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience;
- 2+ years of professional software development experience;
- Experience in web / mobile app development;
- Experience in Linux server or kubernetes management.
You Should Join Us If...
- You want to work in a small team and hate bureaucratic processes;
- You're a quick learner, geeky and love hacking stuff;
- You enjoy trying out new things and cutting edge technologies;
- You love solving problems and code, and share with others;
- You have solid experience and are eager to learn Web / Mobile Frontend and Backend technologies continuously;
- You have solid experience and are eager to learn to build production-quality systems that serve at massive scales continuously.
Our diverse team works remotely in different locations and we provide an opportunity for you to work and live in a new country. Ready to start a new chapter in life at a new place? We support remote work as well as global relocation with working visas sponsorship etc. Talk to our team to explore more!
What We Offer
- Flexible work location
- Salary: HKD 30,000 - 55,000 per month (depends on your skills)
- Profit-sharing plan for staff joining 2+ years
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Flexible vacation policy
- Startup Culture