We.Publish is the new digital infrastructure of the Swiss media landscape. The goal is independent, creative and above all networked publications, because it's called the internet and not intersilos.
Information should be accessible to as many as possible. In this way, a new ecosystem is created that manages without annoying pop-up banners and articles hidden behind paywalls.
As a foundation, the We.Publish Foundation promotes independent journalistic offerings and media diversity in Switzerland.
- You have in-depth senior knowledge of web development and practical experience with Node.js, Typescript and GraphQL
- You have at least 3-years of professional experience with frontend technologies and systems such as React, Next.js or similar.
- You have at least 1-year of professional experience with CI/CD technologies and systems such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- You are open to learn new technologies.
- You welcome an agile methodology like Scrum.
- You have completed vocational training in development (Apprenticeship or studies).
Nice to have:
- You want to improve processes and can take responsibility.
- You consider sustainable ideas through purposeful and environmental thinking.
- You have experience in leading and mentoring co-workers.
- You enjoy working in an open source community.
- You build and maintain new features in the We.Publish platform.
- You review the work of your colleagues.
- You are a core member of the team that plans and develops the architecture and strategy for the coming years.
- As a true team player, you continuously improve your team's processes, brainstorm ideas, and communicate your status and progress.
- You mentor other people, provide feedback, and continuously improve yourself.
- Progressive working conditions
- 40-hour week and 5 weeks of paid vacation
- budget for training and new tools
- Self-organization on all levels and the bare minimum of hierarchy
- A life without night-shifts and weekend work
- A fair and equal wage system
- No capitalistic growth goals
- An atmospheric office in the middle of Zurich's District 4
- Selectable remote work days
- Friendly interaction