TextNow is based around a simple idea: Communication belongs to everyone. We work hard to help people stay connected by offering a solution that makes phone service free. At TextNow, we work together to solve complex and interesting problems that have a positive impact on our customers' lives.
Join us in our mission to help people stay connected with technology that is free (or as close to free as possible.)
TextNow is looking for motivated Site Reliability Engineers (SRE's) to own infrastructure, monitoring, logging, ci/cd, reliability and everything in between!
What You'll Do:
- Be responsible for maintaining and scaling production services and servers for complex and high throughput.
- Improve scalability, service reliability, capacity, and performance.
- Write automation code for provisioning and operating infrastructure at scale.
- Build tools for internal use to support software engineering best practices.
- You are not an operator; you're an experienced software engineer focused on operations.
- Work with development teams to make sure the applications fit nicely within the infrastructure and scalability/reliability/security is designed and implemented from the start.
- Participate in on-call rotation, being responsible for uptime and support.
- Roll up the sleeves to troubleshoot incidents, formulate and test your hypotheses, and narrow down possibilities to find the root cause.
Who You Are:
- Creator of cool stuff with experience deploying web apps and distributed, service-oriented architectures.
- Brilliant Collaborator with 8+ years of professional experience in an operationally focused role, preferably in DevOps or SRE, with a B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science (or equivalent).
- Someone who takes action and ownership with proven ability to use automation tools.
- Respectfully candid with the ability to motivate people to act and work on behalf of our customer.
- A bold risk-taker and self-starter who loves to solve challenging problems.
- Resourceful and scrappy with the ability to be strategic, roll up your sleeves and execute.
- Strong knowledge of Linux and open source software
- Understanding of modern web architecture (HTTPS, REST) and technology stacks
- 2+ years of experience with programming/scripting languages (Bash, Go, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience with deployment automation using Ansible, Puppet, and Terraform
- Experience supporting various databases such as MariaDB, Redis, and various NOSQL engines
- Experience deploying containers using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working in the Amazon public cloud (AWS)
- Experience supporting mobile applications (Android and iOS)
- Experience in the telecommunications industry
- Strong work life blend
- Flexible work arrangements (wfh, remote)
- Employee Stock Options
- Unlimited vacation
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Parental leave
- Benefits for both physical and mental well being
Diversity and Inclusion:
At TextNow, our mission is built around inclusion and offering a service for EVERYONE, in an industry that traditionally only caters to the few who have the means to afford it. We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. We know that if we work together, we can do amazing things, and that our differences are what make our product and company great.
For TextNow Candidates:
The People and Culture team is available to support you through the hiring process by providing reasonable accommodations to help enable a barrier-free interview experience. If you need assistance applying for a role due to a disability or special need, please let us know by completing this form. Once received our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Specialist will reach out to you and assist with accommodations that you may require.