What you'll do:
- Respond to automated alerts and execute playbooks.
- Manage ongoing incidents, using your understanding of Shopify to involve the right teams and resolve as quickly as possible.
- Clean up the noise in our signals, ensuring we can get an understanding of the system and debug a problem easily.
- Set the standards with teams for building resilient, debuggable systems.
- Ensure we never fail for the same reason twice.
- Follow up on each incident to ensure the appropriate action items are in place and prioritized.
- Help teams build tools to automate the toil of on call duties.
- Based in Japan, Singapore, Australia or India.
- You have experience handling on call shifts for mission-critical systems.
- You have been responsible for the tools and processes used to debug and correct failures in those systems.
- You reject the idea that on call has to be a terrible, disruptive experience.
- You are a generalist developer who is comfortable with multiple languages such as C, Rust, Ruby, and Go.
- You have done hands-on development with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCE, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker).
Nice to have but not necessary:
- You have handled multiple on call shifts, and have navigated more than one incident through to the retrospective process.
- You have experience working with a variety of open-source software including nginx, redis, Memcached and MySQL.
- You have familiarity with network and web protocols, from IP to HTTP.
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Jenn is an actual real live person (👋🏻) and is looking forward to learning more about you through your application. And remember, we want to know what you're really interested in building and why you want to build it at Shopify, so please give us as much detail on this as you'd like in the answers on the next page. 👍 📖
Shopify is now permanently remote, and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you: https://www.shopify.com/careers/work-anywhere
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet: https://www.shopify.com/about/environment#SustainabilityReports
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
#LI-KO3 #LI-REMOTE #LI-AH1
Interested, but not ready to apply?
Join the Shopify Talent Community to learn more about us, while you polish up your resume: https://www.shopify.com/careers/2021
How we hire
At Shopify, we put a lot of care and time into who we hire. We believe that in order to build the best products, we need to build high impact teams. Our recruitment process centres around what we call the Life Story interview, a conversational-style interview where we get to learn more about you.