Requires a Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 5+ years of job-related experience, or a Master's degree plus 3 years of job-related experience. Agile experience preferred.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Senior Kubernetes Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation's core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
You'll be working with a team to:
- Build containerized micro-services and applications for Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Migrate existing legacy system to microservice/PaaS environment
- Shape future products by contributing to the architecture framework used across multiple products or systems
- Integrate Cybersecurity into the development, prototype, and production pipelines
What we want you to bring to our team:
- Extensive Kubernetes experience with ability to integrate/test/troubleshoot tactical software into Kubernetes-based Infrastructure
- Proficiency in container networking to include use of tools such as Calico, Canal, Flannel, Cilium, etc.
- Experience with implementing and troubleshooting service mesh solutions with encryption
- Performs software requirements analysis, participates in research, designs, develops and tests software and tools, to include development of new work products or enhancing existing applications, systems or embedded products
- Solid bash and Python scripting experience
- Proficient in a Linux environment (i.e. RedHat 7, RedHat 8)
- Experience using open source RDMS databases such as MariaDB, MySQL
- Experience using open source messaging products such as AMQP, kafka, gRPC, REST
- Support the development, install, integration, and troubleshooting of Kubernetes environments at locations local to the Fairfax area
- Perform data-based trade studies, analyses, and prototypes against PaaS technologies
- Ability to write white papers, technical articles, etc.
- Working knowledge of hardware architectures and hardware server components
- Strong work ethic and discipline
- Must have solid technical communication skills and organizational skills
Experience and Skills that will set you apart:
- Certification in Kubernetes
- Certification in Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Experience in networking to include SDNs
- Proficiency in Open Source development frameworks such as Spring, Node.JS, Angular, React
- Previous experience with the AN/BYG-1 Combat Control System
- Experience with Agile development and working on sprint teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative (team) environment
- Ability to quickly grasp and apply new information
- Ability to handle more complex assignments as experience progresses
- Self-motivated, engaged, continuously learning and looking for ways to improve things