We're proud (and excited!) to be transforming the global communications landscape through our Omnichannel Platform-as-a-Service (OPaaS). Our cloud communications solutions make it possible for over 25,000 businesses to instantly connect with billions of devices worldwide, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, we operate across 10 international hubs and we're proud to be a “Work Anywhere” company. Our unique and united culture is rooted in our team: a diverse flock of over 700 Birds who represent 55 nationalities and counting. We're smart, fast, and hungry, and our potential for growth is limitless.
How we work
We work fast, grow fast, and build fast. Life at MessageBird moves in fast-forward motion. We're a team that focuses on making an impact — right from day one. We are go-getters, industry leaders, and dreamers. Risk takers. Roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people. We thrive on transparency, and we value solution-minded attitudes.
We are all driven by one ethos: Get Shit Done. We love shaping things together and leveraging different perspectives, because that makes our products better. Our Birds are empowered with freedom and opportunity; in return, we expect honesty, courage, and agility. We own our work, and sometimes we fail. And then we get back up and cross the finish line — together as a team. Sound refreshing? We think so, too.
The role: Senior Software Engineer (Golang)
Senior Software Engineers play a key role in our product engineering squads. You'll be responsible for helping design, develop and maintain our communication products and related services. This will enable our customers to send out millions of SMS messages per day; place voice calls via our REST API; gain real-time insights using our Dashboard; and reach out to consumers via IM platforms like WhatsApp.
Our product engineering squads have the freedom and authority to create impactful products to empower both our internal and external customers. We use an agile development methodology, meaning we deploy code multiple times per day while ensuring our applications are rigorously tested and statically analyzed.
What you'll do
- Help design and build a performant, scalable and fault-tolerant communication platform.
- Team with engineers to solve system design and implementation problems (and get a thrill out of every triumph!).
- Work with and enable engineers from other teams who interact with the platform.
- Problem-solve issues based on business/customer need and impact, working with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Teach others: One of the most meaningful tasks of a Senior Engineer is improving the knowledge level of the team members.
- You will flourish working in a hyper-growth environment where the next project is ready to be picked up.
What you'll bring
- At least 5 years of relevant software development experience
- Strong experience in Golang is a must
- Strong experience working with relational databases and non-relational data stores (like MySQL, Cassandra & Redis).
- Experience with Docker, Containers and Kubernetes.
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of development patterns, software architectures and design patterns (TDD, Event-Driven, SOLID, Hexagonal, DDD).
- Knowledge of (cloud) infrastructure principles (load balancing, high availability, containerized services, database configurations) is a bonus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability of teaching others and helping them grow.
Psst… some added perks
- The ability to Work Anywhere — literally anywhere you want, as long as it's in the same time zone as your team (yup… you read that right!). This comes with the added benefit of finding the right work-life balance for you by following our 80/20 rule.
- WFH office set-up allowance to make sure you have all you need to “get shit done” in an ergonomically-friendly manner.
- Top-notch work equipment (including noise cancellation headphones!).
- MessageBird swag to keep you well-dressed.
- The occasional (virtual) company-wide and team events.
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from more than 50 countries!
MessageBird is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you're a match for this role and can bring some great skills to the MessageBird team, please apply! We're excited to get to know you.