“7 of D” Ltd is a newly founded startup, registered in the UK, dedicated to building up an online platform for bridge. What is bridge? Bridge is one of the most popular card games, a thrilling test of your mental ability and stamina and counts amongst its fans Bill Gates and Warren Buffett – if you're lucky, you might even play against them! Bridge is excellent for providing the ability to meet great people from all over the world. In pre-Covid times, the game of bridge mainly was played live. Nowadays, the game has almost completely migrated online and even after the current situation improves, it is believed that many people will continue playing online… and here we come!
What are we looking for?
Bridge software which is currently available is outdated and struggles with the scalability required to meet the demand from a massive influx of new players - we want to change that and this is why we are looking for a backend developer who is also an exceptional talent to join our team and not just to help us but to be instrumental in building the new online home of the bridge world.
Diversity & Equality
We believe that in building diversity, we build strength. We encourage all to apply, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
- Bachelor's degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in Software engineering
- 3+ years of experience with Go (Golang)
- Feeling confident in microservice environments
- Experience with both relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with one of the popular Clouds - GCP, AWS, Azure
- Experience with known DevOps tools - Terraform, Helm, Ansible, etc.
- Experience with Amazon SQS, Kafka, NATS or RabbitMQ
- Experience with DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra or Elasticsearch
- Experience with Redis or Memcached
- Familiarity with observability of applications
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English
- Strong problem solving and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or with a group