We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer capable of producing innovative and scalable software solutions to join our team. You will be part of a cross-functional team that's responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to development.
About LSEG Labs
LSEG has the world's largest repository of curated data. From petabytes of tick-by-tick market data to the worlds' largest collection of financial documents, our content fuels the financial markets allowing investors to make decisions and financial institutions to reduce risk and even fight financial crime.
Labs provides a unique opportunity to work with data in a global company whilst in a team with the culture of a start-up.
We investigate the application of new technology to Refinitiv products and services. We are involved in a large range of projects leveraging a multitude of different technologies, so a successful candidate is unlikely to be assigned to a single product or service. Information about specific projects may be discussed in the course of the interview process. Recently the group has worked on graph-based risk analysis, turned text into sentiment & risk signals, created ML predictions of bond & FX prices and created real-time data simulations. You can view a handful of our project by visiting: https://www.lseg.com/about-lseg/labs.
As a part of our growing Labs team of data scientists, engineers and UX/UI designers you will be part of our global network of like-minded colleagues in our global sister lab in London.
Our team offers a great flexible working environment, values curiosity and supports an open and learning culture for all levels of experience & seniority.
You should be comfortable with both backend and frontend software development languages and frameworks. Hands on experience with cloud infrastructure, containerisation and defining infrastructure as code is a must. An added benefit would be experience with methodologies to scale and parallelise infrastructure, applications and data processing pipelines.
- Building spectacular Proof of Concepts (POCs) to Beta products for the global Finance and Risk community via design led agile development in partnership with customers
- Creating compelling proposals with technologists in partnership with business, driving innovation from conception to production
- Working both independently and collaboratively within a cross-functional team in an agile fashion
- Analysis, design and implementation of complex software solutions using customer focused design driven methodologies, delivered via public cloud
- Defining, organising and implementing projects across multiple locations and time zones
- Translating end user needs to requirements using a lightweight agile design led methodology
- Building domain expertise in Financial market content and Refinitiv systems.
- Networking in the FinTech, big data and academic community through conferences, meetups and workshops – bringing cutting edge techniques and technology into business strategy
- 7 years+ experience as a Software Developer or equivalent.
- Diploma / Degree in Information Technology / Computer Science / or equivalent experience.
- Strong skills and experience developing applications in NodeJS, Python or other relevant languages.
- Strong skills and experience with web servers, databases and cloud-based services, preferably AWS.
- Strong skills and experience developing and deploying containerised environments (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes).
- Strong skills and experience with CI/CD pipelines utilising infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform, Cloud Formation, Ansible).
- Experience developing and deploying micro services architectures.
- Experience with administration of Linux operating systems and are comfortable with the CLI
- Experience with front-end development frameworks (ReactJS, Vue, Angluar, etc.)
- Critical thinking, value judgment and common sense over process.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Positive attitude to learning new skills and technologies.
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise – and our purpose. You'll be part of an organisation of over 25,000 people, spanning 70 countries. We recognise the individual perspectives each of our colleagues brings, and our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths. In supporting collaboration and creativity and encouraging new ideas across a diverse and inclusive workforce, we can improve how we are driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.