Join us on a thrilling journey to improve how teams work together in real-time interactions! We want to give our users the ability to actually collaborate during video calls.
Check out what people are saying about Around: http://bit.ly/around-love 🥰
This is a 100% remote opportunity. We're looking for candidates within the US, EU, and LATAM time zones.
We are seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to act as a Subject Matter Expert on DevOps best practices, CI/CD, and Configuration Management. This role requires ownership of infrastructure architecture in AWS using modern technology such as Docker/Kubernetes.
Our ideal candidate has a very strong understanding of Docker and Kubernetes as the person in this role will be responsible for defining and implementing our containerization technology strategies, design our architecture, and define our roadmap. You will work on building, scaling, and monitoring various highly complex applications and making our container orchestration cluster highly available; as well as building and improving our application CI/CD pipelines.
As a Sr. DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining and automating cloud solutions to support the deployment and production of Around, which is used daily by people all over the world.
🚀 What You'll Do
- Assume full ownership of deployment and management of AWS infrastructure, while planning ahead for scale
- Deploy and maintain Kubernetes clusters using infrastructure-as-code approaches and technologies
- Design, build, and optimize containerization and orchestration with Docker and Kubernetes (k8s)
- Build and support tooling and automated infrastructure necessary to help the production environments and produce a fully functional system
- Responsible for development, maintenance, and improvements of pipelines in support of CI/CD to all AWS environments
- Participate in on-call rotation
🙋🏽♀️ About You
- Extensive Kubernetes experience and experience with container-based software toolchains.
- Experience with AWS, and other cloud providers
- Experience with tooling such as Terraform and Puppet
- Experience designing large scale distributed systems
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as GitHub Actions, GitLab, or Jenkins
- You have maintained services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and system health.
- You are highly empathetic, naturally curious, and are passionate about building a world-class product.
- You enjoy learning from others, sharing your knowledge and experience, and working with others to solve problems in a cross-functional way.
- You have a customer-first mindset and an appreciation for amazing user experiences, and a strong desire to work at a rapidly growing startup and make it a success.
- You are excited about working remotely and see the future in fully distributed teams! You will be working with an international team primarily based in the US and Europe.
🖐🏻 Bonus points
- Previous experience working with WebRTC or other real-time video and audio approaches are always welcome!
- Open source contributions.
🛠 Tech Stack
- Front-end: React, Typescript
- SFU architecture
- Chromium / CEF / Electron
- Node, PostgreSQL
- Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS
- 💰 Competitive Compensation + Stock Options
- 💻 MacBook Pro + Accessories + High-Quality Audio/Video Equipment
- 🏥 US-based: Medical Insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 💰 401K + Match
- 💗 Home-Office Stipends for Remote Work
- 🌴 Unlimited Vacation and Sick Days
- 👶 Parental Leave and Fertility Benefits
- 🏋 Monthly Gym and Wellness Stipend
- 📚 Learning Budget (online courses, books, conferences, language lessons)
We're a small, but mighty 100% remote team that's growing fast, so everyone that joins has a direct impact on the direction and success of the company. Today's hires will be tomorrow's leaders. We strive for an open, flat, collaborative, work-hard-play-hard environment.
We are looking for experienced developers who want to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where everyone's opinions and efforts are valued. We hire outstanding professionals and give them the opportunity to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere that values learning, growth, and hard work. If all of this sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you!
We're an early-stage startup with 30+ team members and growing fast. Our HQ is in Redwood City, CA, but we are a remote-first company with a worldwide team across 10 countries and counting.
Our leadership team is made of serial entrepreneurs with 15 years of experience working with distributed global teams. We are obsessed with building a healthy remote culture and improving how teams collaborate while not in the same physical location. We practice what we preach with the Around team spread out across the world. We are backed by premier Silicon Valley venture capital firms.