We are looking for a motivated, hands-on Senior Data Engineer with a strong understanding of data engineering and data ops topics to lead our cross-functional data engineering team.
In this role, you will:
- Build and improve the infrastructure required for high-performance and scalable ingestion, transformation and retrieval of terabytes of data from a variety of sources
- Work with a mix of structured and unstructured data across cloud-based batch- and streaming architectures
- Create and maintain data tools for business intelligence and data scientist teams which assist them in building and optimizing our product
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements: optimizing data delivery, automating manual processes, upscaling of the infrastructure, etc.
- Be the link between engineering teams and our data infrastructure, which transfers the ownership of data from the individual teams to a cross-team structure
We're looking for people with:
- 2+ years of experience with object-oriented programming languages e.g Python, Scala and/or Java
- 2+ Experience with creating, deploying and maintaining Apache Spark applications with demonstrable deployment experience with (multi-node) AWS-based platforms e.g YARN, EMR, Glue, Kubernetes.
- Significant experience with using AWS Cloud services, including: EC2, VPCs, AutoScaling, Load Balancing, EKS, ECS, RDS
- Experience with querying, designing and tuning relational databases. Deep knowledge of SQL (MySql/Postgresql)
Good to have:
- Experience with using workflow orchestration tools such as Airflow, Luigi, KubeFlow
- Experience with deploying applications using containerization such as Docker, Docker Compose, ECS, EKS or Kubernetes (on AWS)
- Working experience of massively parallel processing databases such as Redshift, or distributed NoSQL databases such as Cassandara, Couchbase, MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Use of SQL querying tools such as Athena, PrestoDB
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge and daily use of Pip, Maven, SBT and/or Gradle
- Deployment of infrastructure using Terraform
- Fluency in using Git
- Shell scripting, ssh, ability to use linux based command line tools.
Why should you join Sellics? We offer:
- A talented, growing company and tech/product team
- A very well-located office in the heart of Berlin Mitte incl. a rooftop terrace with pool
- Competitive compensation package and defined career paths
- High level of responsibility and space to develop
- Flexible working hours (full remote policy at least for remainder of 2020)
- Urban Sports Club membership
- Free food and drinks, educational "Sellics Talks," regular team events
- Self Improvement Grant funding for external educational pursuits, and additional time off for professional growth
- Professional coffee-machine, and the best coffee beans Berlin has to offer ;)
- Visa sponsorship and assistance for non-EU citizens
- Participation in our all-expenses paid annual company trip
- A friendly, open, multi-cultural work environment with colleagues from over 35 countries
Sellics is revolutionizing commerce, starting with the world's biggest online marketplace: Amazon. From starting as a group of friends with targeted business insights and under €2,000 in self-invested startup capital, we've transformed into the force we are today: a growing and funded Scale-Up company providing data-driven and Ai-powered B2B SaaS solutions to help Sellers, Vendors, and Agencies across the world be successful on Amazon.