Exciting fields of activity, unimagined perspectives and in daily contact with the whole world.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a (Senior) Data Engineer (m/f/d) as soon as possible.
- Designing, developing and maintaining the Besi Die Attach Data Platform – a greenfield project to collect data from industrial machinery for data-science-based products and services.
- Developing data processing pipelines and customer-facing software for e.g. machine condition monitoring, advanced diagnostics, self-optimizing machines, predictive maintenance.
- Optimizing and engineering machine software databases to support data-at-scale.
- Maintaining systems for compute, storage and development, using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) automated processes.
- Managing and monitoring Machine Learning-based products in the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) with MLOps.
- Providing expertise in cloud and edge computing, analytics, software engineering, DevOps and data infrastructure.
- Close collaboration and alignment with R&D colleagues and stakeholders in Product Marketing to define, support and advance the Data Platform and its products and services.
- Bachelor / Master's Degree in Computer Science or similar.
- 3+ years of experience with data-driven software engineering and operations, especially in production environments.
- Knowledge of data-at-scale infrastructure, architecture and tooling e.g. Spark, Hadoop ecosystem, Flink, Storm, Kafka.
- Linux – familiar with server administration, good security practice, cloud computing, and e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible etc.
- Python, with good software engineering principles, and interest in writing clean maintainable code and unit tests. Experience programming in e.g. Scala, Java, Go, C++ / C#, R advantageous.
- Good knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Strong communication skills across different cultures and hierarchical levels, with good English.
- Commitment, assertiveness and flexibility.