As a Senior Cloud Solution Architect, you will report to the Consulting Manager and work with Mission's customers to develop strategic solutions leveraging the AWS portfolio. You will work with our Project Management and DevOps Engineering teams to provide Mission's Managed DevOps service to the accounts to which you're aligned. As a Senior Cloud Solution Architect you'll be responsible for being the primary point of contact for some of our most complex accounts and driving internal operational excellence.
Managed DevOps builds and improves AWS cloud-based solutions for Mission's customers through long term account relationships. Our Cloud Solution Architects are responsible for holding regular consulting sessions to build a roadmap for further optimization, automation, and resiliency while the hand-on engineers execute the road map items driving world class outcomes.
This position is 100% remote.
- Consult with multiple clients simultaneously to understand business and technical needs
- Develop strategic roadmaps and project plans based on customer goals
- Document and present recommendations to customers, including senior leadership
- Work with DevOps Engineers to translate requirements into LOE estimates, design documents and project plans
- Implement customer roadmaps in coordination with DevOps Engineers
- Support development of CI/CD pipelines for application stacks, centralized logging solutions, re-usable Infrastructure-as-Code
- Work with Project Managers to set customer expectations, drive alignment, and coordinate timelines
- Support pre-sales engineers in proposal design and positioning
- Mentor DevOps Engineers and more junior Cloud Solution Architects
- Support Consulting Services process improvement initiatives
- Support Managed DevOps recruiting efforts by participating on interview panels
- 4+ years in a customer-facing consulting role
- 5+ years experience deploying AWS infrastructure using IAC tooling such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- 5+ years of hands-on experience building CI pipelines and automation (build, test, performance)
- 3+ years experience designing and building containerization solutions (infrastructure, pipelines, automation) using docker (dockerfiles, ECS, ECS fargate) or kubernetes (manifests, helm and deployment tooling, KOPS, EKS, EKS, or Fargate)
- Understanding of AWS security controls, network boundary controls and related toolsets
- Knowledge of AWS's Well-Architected Framework
- Experience with one or more scripting languages
- Occasional off-hours support, depending on client need
- AWS Professional-level Certification (required within 90 days of employment)
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents with options for 100% company paid premiums
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Profit-sharing bonuses based on performance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care)
- Life insurance paid by Mission
- Paid time off (Unlimited FlexPTO, parental leave, volunteering time off)
- Inclusive work environment with several Employee Resource Groups
- Fully distributed team with flexible work hours
- Home office furniture & equipment expenses
- Flex stipend for use on cell phone, home internet, wellness, etc. It's up to you!
- An internal department dedicated to helping team members on their career path
Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value every individual's unique story, experience, and perspective. We aim to amplify the voices of our team members and our community to create a safe, empathetic, and inclusive environment where everyone can contribute one's authentic self.
Mission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Mission will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with The Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
About Mission Cloud Services
Mission is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Consulting Partner and MSP. Clients depend on us to expertly and securely architect, migrate, manage, and optimize their cloud environments.
Mission's team of AWS Certified Solutions Architects and DevOps Engineers are ready to help you harness the full power of the AWS cloud to transform your business and operations.