comparis.ch is the leading comparison platform in Switzerland. We have been comparing the prices and products of health insurers, other insurance companies, telecom providers and banks for over 25 years and offer the largest Swiss online marketplace for cars and property. Our comprehensive comparisons ensure transparency for our users and help them make the right decisions. With over 80 million visits each year, we rank among the most widely used websites in Switzerland. Four out of five people recognize us as THE independent comparison platform in Switzerland.
We offer a chance to redefine the future of one of the most visited apps in Switzerland. There is no shortage of new and challenging tasks, and you will tackle them collaboratively as part of an agile and highly motivated Scrum team within a SAFe organisation. We prioritise a healthy work-life balance, including flexible hours and remote work, as well as a social and welcoming in-office culture (complete with snacks and coffee!). We strive for a casual, transparent, and non-hierarchical working environment, and are continually improving and adjusting based on employee feedback.
As we are currently re-engineering our applications, we are looking for a dedicated scraping and data collection software engineer who is experienced in working on long-living web applications with a significant amount of data. You hold a degree in computer science or have equivalent work experience with the following qualifications:
- You have profound knowledge in developing modern and containerized .NET (6 and onward) as well as monolithic .NET Framework applications.
- You know how to design testable software and how to cover it with automated tests.
- You have a solid understanding of architecting scalable distributed batch systems (preferably real-time as well).
- You are able to independently own the whole lifecycle (design, implementation, testing, deployment, monitoring, etc.) of cloud-native applications using state-of-the-art technologies such as Kubernetes and the respective tooling (helm, kubectl, az, etc.) in the Azure Cloud.
- You have profound knowledge in SQL.
- You understand Git, GitHub, Jira and Confluence.
- You are familiar with agile development methodologies (SAFe is a plus) and understand the idea of outcome-driven development.
- You are an open communicator and proactive contributor.
- You are fluent in English.
Nice to have:
- You preferably know different kinds of persistence/event/streaming technologies.
- You preferably have experience in data mining, eg. web crawling & scraping.
- As part of a multinational team, you will be responsible for the conceptualization, design, development, testing, review, deployment and operation of the scraping and data collection solutions of our most popular applications: the property and car marketplaces.
- You will be developing modern, state-of-the-art, stable and maintainable internal services as well as supporting our existing solutions which provide our user-facing applications with the collected raw data.
- You will tackle interesting challenges in a variety of technologies, including our transition to the Azure cloud and exploring new ways of collecting and processing data. Comparis adopts various agile methodologies.
- You will actively participate in shaping the team and its ways of working inside the company-wide Scaled Agile Framework.