Google Cloud accelerates organizations' ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google's cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
Additional Role Description:
Architecture Framework is Google Cloud's collection of design principles, best practices, and reference architectures. It is intended to help customers optimize their Google Cloud Platform utilization by providing prescriptive guidance concerning security, compliance, and privacy, cost and performance optimization, reliability, operational excellence, and system design.
Help Google Cloud's customers optimize their workloads by acting as a Regional Lead for Architecture Framework, Google Cloud's collection of design principles and best practices.
- Educate customers, partners, and internal staff (including Customer Engineers, Technical Account Managers, Strategic Customer Engineers, and Partner Engineers) on Architecture Framework, its principles and applications, and appropriate usage.
- Package reference content into workshops that are tuned to the specific needs of the customer-base in the region, including segmentation-specific content, references to locally-relevant partners, and regional-specific best practices.
- Deliver high-profile strategic workshops for regionally-important customers.
- Conduct Train-the-Trainer sessions aimed at certifying Customer Engineers, Technical Account Managers, and Partners to conduct workshops.
- Track impact and cultivate localized success stories associated with Architecture Framework deployment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of experience with cloud-based cost- and performance-development techniques, operational best practices, reliability architecture, security, privacy, and compliance best practices, and system design
- 3 years of experience in production workload deployment on Google Cloud Platform or similar cloud technologies
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience designing and successfully deploying large-scale application migrations to production cloud architectures
- Experience designing and deploying server-less application architectures
- Experience with tools like Chef, Ansible, Docker, and Kubernetes for managing the configuration of cloud workloads
- Understanding of the current state of infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment, SQL/NoSQL, security, networking, and cloud-based delivery models
- Understanding of Google Cloud Platform