Isometric is a carbon removal registry, verification service, and science platform. Our mission is to avert climate disaster by ensuring carbon removal scales responsibly and fast.
We're growing fast, but we're deliberate and intentional about hiring people who contribute to our unique culture. Our team is smart, meticulous and courageous—but warm, kind and supportive too.
We're led by an experienced CEO who previously co-founded Onfido, where he scaled the AI-based verification company from $1million to $100 million in revenue in six years. Our science team is led by a biogeochemist from ARPA-E, MIT, and Columbia. Our technology team includes builders from companies like Amazon, Meta, Shopify, Palantir, and Intercom. And we're backed by some of the world's most recognised investors.
Working here will be unlike any job you've had before. Join us if you're ready to take on a career-defining role.
Outcomes you'll be responsible for
- Let companies purchasing carbon removal credits understand and inspect down to a source how, when and if that carbon was truly removed, converted and stored permanently by building a flexible software and hardware platform.
- Accelerate a team of software engineers and double their output by providing a continuous integration and delivery platform that leverages cutting-edge tools to ship a secure and performant product to users at pace.
- Contribute to an early engineering team culture that values scientific rigour, pragmatism, learning and teamwork through mentoring your teammates or influencing our ways of working.
Tasks you might do
- As the first member of the Platform Engineering discipline and building a greenfield product you'll have a unique opportunity to build a platform that you wanted to have yourself. We're currently using Kubernetes on GCP alongside Vercel, and our stack is Python + Typescript.
- You'll lead the design and implementation of our software platform by bringing modern practices and tooling in a way that engages everyone to meet the high standards of excellence you've set.
- We want to build a true Platform Engineering culture: you'll enable and educate engineers but also collaborate with them to understand their needs and build or integrate tools that deploy our software to production safely and fast. Our engineers want to be able to own their software end-to-end.
Aptitudes you'll display
- Eagerness to learn new things and ask all the questions. We are science-driven and expect everyone to get stuck into the climate world.
- Drive to urgently solve big challenges that have no obvious answers today. We're doing novel things that no one person knows the answer to today.
- Bringing good energy and humility into how you show up. It's a tough problem but we can't give up.
This role might not be for you if
- You're looking for a fully remote role at the moment. In the early stages of building our product we're optimising for being physically together 3 days a week.
- You enjoy structure and only staying within your area of expertise. We're a small team early on the journey and things change quickly as we learn more.
- You prefer a slower pace. While the problem we're facing has a long time horizon, it's also critical that we make meaningful progress on it today, not next quarter or year.