Stuart (DPD Group) is a sustainable 🌱 last-mile logistics company that connects retailers and e-merchants to a fleet of geolocalised couriers across several countries in Europe.
Our Mission 🚀
We are an impact-driven company that aims to build the future of logistics for a more sustainable world: shared, efficient and reliable. We are committed to creating a new standard for urban deliveries that meet today's environmental and social challenges while offering a premium delivery experience blending speed, flexibility and convenience.
Our motto: “Make every delivery a moment all of us can truly celebrate!” More than 3000+ leading brands already partner with us across Restaurants, Grocery, Retail & Luxury, eCommerce and Professional Services to deliver all types of goods at the tap of a button. Stuart is a highly diverse and inclusive company of 700+ employees with 90+ nationalities working across France 🇫🇷, Italy 🇮🇹, Poland 🇵🇱, Portugal 🇵🇹, Spain 🇪🇸 and the U.K. 🇬🇧
It's the right moment and the right place for us to make an impact on millions of people, as home delivery services hit a record high. And guess what? You can help us fulfil our vision 🙌
Let's talk about Software Engineering 🌟
We are looking for a Platform Engineer 🤖 to work in our new developer experience department in the deployment team.
We want to build an amazing Internal Developer Platform. In order to achieve that goal, we want to give time and space to a group of people that are very passionate about how an elite software development team works and wants to help to optimize our team's workflow.
We want all teams to be able to self-service their needs without the need to put a ticket on any board when they need something.
We want to treat our developer platform as a product. We want to iterate it step by step making the lives of the rest of the developers in the company easier so they can focus on the business needs.
This team will be a mix of putting together existing open source solutions and building our own. We use things like Kubernetes, ArgoCD, or Crossplane to set the foundations for the rest of our teams.
You will decide how our services will be configured and, following the “automate all the things” mantra, we expect you to automate these decisions so that they are easy to follow by the rest of the engineering team.
If we had to play the buzzword bingo we'd say:
- Solid knowledge of a programming language. It would be great if it was Go
- Microservices: Orchestration, build pipelines, test pipelines
- Kubernetes and tools to create abstractions on top of it. KuveVela, Crossplane
In this team you will become an expert in these technologies and you will be able to provide abstractions so that the rest of the engineering team does not have to.
You can learn more about our team in our engineering blog: Stuart Tech – Medium
What will I be doing? 🤔
- In your first month…
You will be assigned to an onboarding buddy who will help you make yourself at home at Stuart. You will start meeting people from all departments to learn more about what we do and start to understand the general principles that are driving our architecture.
You should get in touch with how we are deploying our software today and where we want to go in the future.You will be paired with some teammates to start delivering your first code.
- In three months…
You should start to understand the different processes that happen across our company within the other teams.
You should already be part of the deployment team's vision. You should be participating in your team's ceremonies. Each team has its own working agreements, as long as they are aligned within the company. Currently, your team is working according to the Kanban philosophy with periodic retrospectives.
- In six months…
As you begin to understand the department's long term vision you should start participating in some design discussions and even the recruitment of the team.
You should already know some of our engineers so you can engage in discussions with them to find out their pain points in terms of our pipeline building and help them solve them.
What do we need from you? 😎
- Other than technical skills we are looking for a person that is able to create a good experience for other engineers.
- Empathic with other engineers' pain points.
- Able to have a discussion respecting the other person.
- Willing to learn new technologies that force you out of your comfort zone. We deploy software built-in many programming languages, using many frameworks and with very heterogeneous requirements, which can sometimes be a challenge.
- A good communicator since we will have to design and communicate processes to other engineers.
The stuff you wanna know 😉
- Family-friendly work-life balance - work from home and flexible hours 🏡
- Option to work remotely anywhere in France 🇫🇷
- Ticket Restaurant by Swile (€13 daily with 60% paid by the company) 🥗
- Unlimited access to Udemy for all your learning and development needs 📚
- Stuart Academy with regular workshops, Stu-Classes, and Stu-Talks 🎓
- Stuart is putting Mental Health Awareness first! Wellness Allowance (€40 monthly) to use in any gym or sport class 🧘
- Private healthcare provided by Alan 🧑⚕️
- Free monthly Navigo card (zone 1 - 5) for non-remote workers 🚇
- Work in an international, dynamic and passionate environment with a company culture focused on learning and development 🎉
At Stuart, we believe that employees today want to evolve in collaborative, high-growth environments where they can demonstrate their abilities and thrive both professionally and personally. We are convinced that employees need to find alignment between their inner values and their company's culture and mission to unlock their full potential. We work to create a culture of empowerment, continuous learning and growth where everyone can bring expertise, own projects and easily measure their impact 🙌
Stuart is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to promoting diversity. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status 💙
Please note: Our Talent Acquisition Team is international coming from across the world 🌍 We kindly ask you to please submit your CV and application in English so that it can be reviewed correctly (unless the job posting is in a language other than English). Thank you 🤗