Citi's Operations & Technology organization (O&T) is driving an innovative Cloud First strategy that works to optimize the IT environment, reduce complexity, and implement high degrees of automation to enable more agile application delivery. We aim to give Citi businesses a competitive edge by leveraging cloud scale architectures and enabling new infrastructure economics. EIO&T operates as a technology company focused on implementing scalable and innovative next gen technology solutions that will shape the future of global banking.
As a Cloud Operations Engineer, you will be instrumental in devising innovative ideas for solving hard technical problems involving distributed systems, scale and security and translating these ideas into solutions for production incidents. The ideal candidate has experience in professional software systems and infrastructure operations and support, designing and creating tools for supporting and operating cloud systems, and has the ability to implement automation scripts. The role requires a talented technologist with experience engaging with application developers throughout the full development life-cycle – from inception and design to deployment, operation, and iterative development.
- Devise innovative ideas for solving hard technical problems involving distributed systems, scale and security and translate these ideas into designs and implementation
- Implement best practices when it comes to availability, scalability, operational excellence, and efficiency
- Engage with application developers throughout the full development life-cycle – from inception and design to deployment, operation, and iterative development.
- Drive conversations around system resiliency and observability
- Identify, triage, and automate systems. Evolve systems by pushing for change that improve reliability and developer velocity.
- Help develop robust organizational practices around monitoring, alerting, testing, deployment, and incident response
- Help identify key uptime and performance metrics for production systems
- Participate in root cause analysis of production incidents
- Undergraduate degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Hands on experience developing and engineering software and consumer facing applications
- Familiarity with Domain Driven Design and Event Driven Architecture
- Experience working with relational/NoSQL databases
- Experience working in a distributed, cloud-based environment using Azure/AWS/GCP (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Experience in developing software using languages such as Java, Python, C++ or Ruby.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture applications and cloud-based services, preferably AWS.
- Experience with modern SDLC tools, branching strategies, and ability to develop and enforce CI/CD practices
- Experience working with Linux/UNIX, Docker
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Familiarity with AWS, GCP and/or Azure
- You follow the latest in software engineering and open source technologies, and can intuit the fine line between promising new practice and overhyped fad
- Systematic problem-solving approach with excellent communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive