Our platform is already used by many companies around the world to solve the problem of full lifecycle automation of complex stateful applications in the cloud. We have now undertaken the mission to solve the same problem in the Kubernetes ecosystem, which traditionally lacks good solutions for stateful workloads.
We're looking for developers and architects that will conceive and build a new, Kubernetes-native version of our current platform. You'll have the rare opportunity to make key contributions to an early-stage project. Many of the problems we'll face have no existing solution, so the job involves writing new, non-trivial components of a complex distributed system from scratch. Thus, programming skills are a must.
If what you've just read excites you and you match (even just some of) the qualifications listed below, apply and help us to drive the growth of the team and of our product!
Your core tasks
- Architect and design a framework for lifecycle automation of stateful applications on Kubernetes.
- Design intuitive APIs to use our framework.
- Implement new components of the framework from scratch.
- Write clear technical documentation for the new components.
What you can contribute
- Professional software development skills, including good knowledge of at least one high-level programming language (ideally, Go).
- Knowledge of Kubernetes.
- Ability to architect and design complex distributed software systems.
- Good writing and speaking skills in English.
- Knowledge of CNCF projects other than Kubernetes.
- Open Source contributions to Kubernetes or other CNCF projects.
- Good understanding/experience writing custom Kubernetes controllers and operators.
What we are offering
- You can choose your individual workplace and organize your flexible work time. Including working remotely from home.
- Further Training
- Comprehensive and individual training. You can choose further training offers, for example via certifications, conferences, meetups, English and German classes, And much more.
- Family and Professional Life
- Profit from our family friendly and family like atmosphere. We also give the opportunity to work part-time, let us know if that's what you wish during the recruiting process. Since dogs are an integral part of our family they are also welcome in our offices. In addition, in our office rooms we offer physical training possibilities and relaxing areas to free your mind.
Specialized in the planning, construction and operation of modern cloud platforms as well as the automation of databases and data services, we work with cloud technologies such as Kubernetes and Cloud Foundry.
Our headquarters in Saarbrücken is situated at the campus of the Saarland University - and is easily reachable by public transportation or by car. Our office in Berlin is located within the Scaling Spaces Coworking space directly next to the subway station Osloer Straße.