Requires a Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 5+ years of job-related experience, or a Master's degree plus 3 years of job-related experience. Agile experience preferred.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this position
We are ready to hire a Linux/Kubernetes Developer for the Navy's AN/BYG-1 Submarine Combat System delivered to the United States Navy (USN) and Royal Australian Navy (RAN) Submarine fleet. Our close-knit team is passionate about delivering the best product to the Navy to help protect our country. Our team works closely with the Submarine community to develop solutions that allow the Navy to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
What you'll be doing
The Linux developer will develop and test GDMS systems to ensure the integration of software, hardware, reliability, maintainability, safety and other requirements in the total engineering effort. Additional responsibilities include armoring systems for Navy certification and accreditation; working with external vendors and customers; configuring lab environments and specifications.
Strong knowledge and experience we want you to bring to our team:
- Must have solid bash and Python scripting experience
- Extensive Experience with OpenStack, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible and other container orchestration/PaaS technologies
- Strong Red Hat Linux Administration background with a working knowledge of systems
- Experience with generating and troubleshooting scripts (i.e. bash, python, perl)
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair hardware problems
- Experience with Kickstart creation and modification
- Experience with configuring network related hardware
- Must have solid technical communication skills and organizational skills
- Real time containers and orchestration
What will set you apart:
- Certification in Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Certification in Kubernetes
- Previous experience with the AN/BYG-1 Combat Control System
- Implementation and troubleshooting experience with various virtualization technologies and tools such as KVM
What else you should know:
Department of Defense active Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected for the Advanced Systems Engineer position will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.