This position requires the applicant to be a US citizen
BlueVoyant is seeking an intern to support the Infrastructure Engineering department in the design and implementation and delivery of key components of our infrastructure across AWS, Azure, and GCP. This position requires close coordination with various engineering teams across multiple domains. Successful candidates will demonstrate strong aptitude in scripting languages including python, bash, powershell and experience with the principles of system design.
What you will do as an Infrastructure Engineering Intern:
- Assist with specific infrastructure projects related to your core expertise, from initial design to final deployment and maintenance
- Troubleshoot and remediate issues
- Continually eliminate manual tasks via configuration management tools
- Promote high availability and high scalability of infrastructure services
- Coordinate with technology leads across the organization to test and implement global standards and procedures with respect to:
- Standard OS builds
- Development environment
- Application packaging, configuration and deployment
- Automated system provisioning
- Configuration management of relevant system services
- Deployment of OS, services and application software updates
Qualifications for Infrastructure Engineering Intern:
- Solid understanding of the Linux operating system, command line utilities and conventional system administration tools. Experience with recent Ubuntu and RHEL/Centos releases would be ideal.
- Strong hands-on scripting skills, with expertise in multiple languages such as Python, Bash and Ruby
- High level experience and/or awareness of the Agile development process, secure infrastructure design and deployment principles, infrastructure as code, continuous integration and delivery, configuration management techniques and modern, container-delivered code deployment in a cloud-based DevOps environment
- Basic understanding of cloud computing services.
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code frameworks such as Terraform
- Experience using container-based deployment technologies and frameworks (Docker, Mesos, Nomad, Kubernetes, etc.)
Ideal candidates will:
- Thrive in our small, fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Collaborate with infrastructure engineers and with teams from across the organization
- Support and maintain systems and documentation
- Follow a disciplined development and engineering workflow
- Demonstrate ownership of tasks with escalation as needed
- Relentlessly push for successful customer outcomes
At BlueVoyant, we recognize that effective cyber security requires active prevention and defense across both your organization and supply chain. Our proprietary data, analytics, and technology, coupled with deep expertise, works as a force multiplier to secure your full ecosystem. Accuracy! Actionability! Timeliness! Scalability!
Led by CEO, Jim Rosenthal, BlueVoyant's highly skilled team includes former government cyber officials with extensive frontline experience in responding to advanced cyber threats on behalf of the National Security Agency, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Unit 8200, and GCHQ, together with private sector experts. BlueVoyant services utilize large real-time datasets with industry leading analytics and technologies.
Founded in 2017 by Fortune 500 executives, including Executive Chairman, Tom Glocer, and former Government cyber officials, BlueVoyant is headquartered in New York City and has offices in Maryland, Tel Aviv, San Francisco, London, Budapest, and Latin America.
All employees must be authorized to work in the United States or Canada. BlueVoyant provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlueVoyant complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Disclaimer: Please note that pursuant to contractual requirements and applicable law, in order for employees to perform work on some of the company's federal contracts, U.S. citizenship is required. Accordingly, an employee's ability to perform work on such contracts is contingent upon the company's verification of the employee's citizenship status. Furthermore, individuals may be subject to additional background checks and fingerprinting.