As part of the Siemens cloud operations organization, this position makes significant contributions towards the delivery DevOps solutions that support best-in-class cloud based applications. As a DevOps Engineer you will have key responsibilities in defining, planning, implementing, and operating automated infrastructure and processes that meet or exceed the service level and CI/CD objectives.
In this role, the successful person will create and maintain IaaS environments that meet service level agreement; support the resource requirements of the development, QA, and customer value realization teams; enable CI/CD; meet security compliance and best practice standards; and are well documented. They will participate in, and sometimes lead, proof of concept and first of a kind activities to validate product concepts.
Responsible for surpassing customer expectations to achieve high quality, innovative solutions that are delivered on-time. Has diversified knowledge of methods and practices in broad areas of infrastructure development and operations. Recognized by peers as a strong collaborator. Must excel in a team environment that changes with new technology adoption and evolving customer requirements. Works with some supervision on the most complex projects and desires to obtain complete latitude for independent judgment. Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Using Infrastructure As Code (IAC) best practices, create automated infrastructure within the cloud and on-premise platform, including package management, application load and configuration, and systems monitoring and administration.
- Deliver improvements to source code management, deployment, operations, maintenance, cost control, security, monitoring, and audit tools and processes.
- Implement and maintain CI/CD tools and processes to support development, QA, and customer value realization teams.
- Manage a service critical codebase with version control using Git including Gitlab, or Github
- Contribute to Operations strategy planning, design, implementation, and maintenance activities.
- Be part of maintaining a 24x7, global, highly available SaaS environment according to internal and external service levels agreements.
- Ensure the production environment is operating in accordance with established procedures and best practices.
- Provide escalated support for high severity and critical network events
Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years of related experience
Qualification and Skills
- AWS Certifications
- Microsoft Azure certifications
- Automation / Configuration Management –Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins
- Version Control – Git (Gitlab, GitHub)
- Experience with the fundamentals of Linux administration and scripting languages (e.g., Bash, Perl, Python)
- Working experience with virtualization – VMware, Docker, Kubernetes
- 2+ years experience scripting (sh/bash/ksh/python), Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Jenkins, ArgoCD or equivalent tools
- 2+ years experience with containerization, specifically Kubernetes and OpenShift
- 2+ years experience with networking and network/system security, including firewalls, VPN, routing, switching, load balancers, monitoring, security and DNS
- 2+ years experience in CICD pipeline security (secret management, registry scanning, runtime security)
- 2+ years experience with open source tools (Linux, Python, Git, Ansible)
- 2+ years experience with system automation at enterprise level, distributed environments
- Senior level system administration experience, including troubleshooting, support, mentorship/training, and oversight
- Ability to adopt and extend continuous integration and testing processes, GitLab-CI experience preferred
- Ability to manage goals, track milestones and report on status
- Excellent problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers, partners, and customers
- Ability to develop and present technical concepts to a business audience
- Competencies: Problem Solving, Collaboration Skills, Communication Proficiency
- Excellent organizational skills and time management
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Strong base for software architecture and design including inter-process communications, asynchronous processing, micro-services, message queueing, interfaces, and API development
- Understanding of Cloud APIs and Cloud technologies specifically AWS & Azure
- Strong understanding of Internet security considerations in web and application development
- Cloud monitoring tools (CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Graphana, Kibana, datadog)
- CICD pipelines tools (Artifactory, SonarQube, Vault, Aqua, Container registry)
- 2+ years' experience with full-stack development of web interface applications
- 2+ years of Linux administration & troubleshooting
- 2+ years of experience in an Enterprise IT environment.
- Experience with design, develop, and configuration of information security tools.
- Experience with security compliance