Sefaria is looking for an experienced infrastructure engineer to join its global engineering team. This position will support the complex infrastructure behind Sefaria's growing library and applications, which serve more than half a million users a month.
The position will lead the ongoing development of Sefaria's infrastructure and will be responsible for maintaining, planning, and implementing systems and development operations. There is opportunity for the engineer who fills this position to be involved in product development and developer community management alongside their infrastructure responsibilities.
- Manage and maintaining Sefaria's production environment, development environments, and deployments processes
- Lead continuous improvement and maintenance of CI/testing suites and toolsets
- Refresh analytics infrastructure and lead tracking across teams
- Develop new features and improvements for backend systems
- Train team members in usage of the infrastructure
- 5+ Years experience in an active production environment
- Experience with Kubernetes and Helm
- Proven experience with mid-sized production deployments
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Independent and well-organized
- Strong communication, judgment, and decision-making skills
- Proactive and self-driven worker in a remote-work environment
- Must be fluent in English (written and oral)
Reports to the Chief Data Officer who is based in New York
- Remote, United States
- Candidates living between the Pacific and Eastern time zones will be considered
Compensation & Benefits
- Annual Salary: $90,000 -$110,000 commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental and vision insurance; Sefaria pays 100% of the medical insurance premium for each employee and contributes a small amount toward dependents
- Generous paid time off, including Jewish holidays
- 401k with up to a 4% match after 6 months
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Professional development opportunities
Follow the steps to apply; you'll be invited to share your resume, a brief cover letter and examples of past project work like your GitHub profile or personal website.
We will be reviewing first round applications until August 9th.