AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK offering an award-winning range of solutions that caters for everyone, from professional financial advisers, to DIY investors with little to no experience. We have over 455,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £68.6 billion. Our customers trust us with their investments, and by continuously striving to make investing easier, we aim to help even more people take control of their financial futures.
We are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join us in designing, building, testing, managing deployment and supporting our service in production. Joining a dynamic team you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of technologies, supporting a fast pace of change.
The Day To Day Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be involved in many aspects of Infrastructure from design through delivery to operations, including but not limited to:
- Project delivery: Infrastructure improvement initiatives and infrastructure elements of tech initiatives
- Solution design: to meet functional, operational and resilience requirements
- Operational monitoring: availability, performance, reliability and security
- Infrastructure hardening including any resolutions from pen tests and audit of our estate
- Infrastructure maintenance
Your Skills And Attributes:
- Demonstrable experience in an infrastructure role (cloud, virtualisation, networking)
- Development of back end systems software that improves resilience and reduces operational overheads.
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills including root cause analysis and postmortems.
Knowledge of the below or similar would be ideal:
- Networking: Wifi and LAN(Cisco), SDWAN (FortiOS) and Loadbalancing
- Firewalls (Fortinet, NSXT or similar)
- Virtualisation (VMware, vRealize, Horizon)
- Cloud infrastructure (we use AWS, Kubernetes, TKG)
- Monitoring ( we use Solarwinds, Zabbix, Opsgenie)
- Microsoft: Windows server, O365, ADFS, etc.
- Linux (Photon, RedHat, Ubuntu)
- Scripting (we use PowerShell, Bash, Python)
Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with offices in central London and Bristol, we now have over 1200 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for five consecutive years.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for employees wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.
In return for your hard work you will receive:
- Competitive starting salary
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days, increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Hybrid working policy
- Casual dress code
- Discretionary bi-annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Free shares scheme
- Paid study support for qualifications
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme from day one
- Bike loan
- Season ticket loan portal
- Discounted PMI and Dental
- On-site gym and personal trainer led classes
- Paid volunteering opportunities
- Free social events and more
AJ Bell is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and all employees are empowered to bring their whole self to work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, religion, physical and mental disability, marital status and any other characteristics protected by the Equality Act 2010. All decisions to hire are based on qualifications, merit and business need.