Polymarket is the leading global information markets platform, where people bet on the most highly-debated topics (Politics, COVID-19, the news, etc.) — producing actionable, unbiased insights on the matters most important to society. Polymarket solves the problem of rampant misinformation in the social news cycle by introducing accountability; letting people put their money where their mouth is and challenge others to do the same. We enable this by hosting liquid markets on popular, contentious topics that leverage the magic of price discovery to serve as realtime, unbiased indicators of collective knowledge.
The product has seen explosive early traction, with over $60m GMV in the past 3 months. We've raised $6.5m from Polychain, 1confirmation, Naval Ravikant, Balaji Srinivasan, and more. Based predominately in SoHo, NYC, we pride ourselves on being a team of the most passionate people in the world when it comes to free markets. We think fake news is the most pressing problem in the world today, and we're mission-driven to create a generational product that solves it. If this resonates with you, we'd love to hear from you!
About This Role
We are looking for a self-motivated, intellectually-curious, markets-obsessed individual to join the Polymarket team as a development operations engineer. This role will involve working alongside our existing development team to build out new features for Polymarket and maintain the current product. We iterate rapidly and have built one of the fastest-growing consumer DeFi applications that leverages Layer 2 scaling solutions. Given we're still a small team, expect to work on all technical aspects of the product!
Our company culture values merit and hard work over credentials. We don't care where you went to school or have worked in the past. But we do prioritize candidates with the following skills and qualifications. We are flexible on salary depending on experience and fit. For this role, we highly prioritize someone based in an American timezone (in NYC is ideal), who is fluent in english. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a DevOps or Infrastructure Engineering role
- Strong working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar cloud ecosystem
- Experience working with declarative Infrastructure-as-Code frameworks (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Experience with containerization technologies and tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Linux/Unix administration
- Experience with VM configuration and management
- Experience with SQL and database server management
- Experience managing blockchain infrastructure (ie Ethereum or theGraph nodes)
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (Typescript, Python, Go)
- Understanding of modern web architecture patterns
- Experience with Git or other distributed SCM systems
- (Plus) Have used Polymarket and understand how it works