Makersite is an award-winning data software company that empowers teams to manage product sustainability, cost, and compliance; simultaneously, from a web browser. Our mission is to help manufacturing companies make better decisions and create safer, more sustainable products through data-driven analysis. We believe that technology can help corporations to have a more positive impact on their environment. That is why we developed a platform that uses cutting edge technology, big data, and breakthrough algorithms to deliver product intelligence unlike anything on the market.
For manufacturing companies with complex supply chains that want to accelerate product development, build resilience or reduce costs, Makersite is a disruptive digital twin platform that uses AI to connect and enrich cross-departmental data into live models for analysis, collaboration and decision support. Digital twins can be used to understand how externalities like regulations, supply shortages etc. affect a business and help teams evaluate scenarios taking into account multiple criteria like costs, environment, compliance etc. at the same time.
Who We're Looking For:
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer. This role will be reporting to the VP Engineering and you will be responsible for deploying product updates, identifying production issues and implementing integrations that meet our customers' needs. If you have a solid background in software engineering and are proficient with Python and Ansible, we'd love to speak with you.
What You'll Do:
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes'
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Providing level 2 support
The Right Person Would Have:
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Proficient with git and git workflows
- Proficient with managing Linux servers and services
- Good knowledge of Python
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Proficiency in Infrastructure as a code principle (eg. Ansible)
- Experience working with containers (eg. Kubernetes)
- Proficiency in managing AWS and Azure instances
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Problem-solving attitude
- Collaborative team spirit
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Belonging - Be part of the sustainability megatrend
- Development – a steep learning-curve , both personally and professionally
- Pride - Do amazing work with an international, vibrant and passionate top-class team
- Passion - International customers that love what we do and share our vision
- Remote Working - Work 100% remote if you like
- Values-driven culture - we're really proud of our culture.
- Time-Off - 30 days of paid time off per year.
- Technology – State of the art equipment.
- Competitive salary
What to expect when you apply
If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!. We look forward to receiving your detailed CV together with a cover letter. If it's a match, we'll invite you to a series of interviews.
We try to keep the process short and sweet, to welcome you at Makersite as soon as possible!
Support – If you have a medical condition or an individual need for an adjustment to our process, and you believe this may affect your ability to beat at your best – please let us know so we can talk about how we can best support you and make any adjustments that may be needed
So, what does it really mean to work at Makersite?
At Makersite, we come together with a shared purpose to help companies around the world improve their products so they are more successful while being mindful of their customers and the environment. Therefore, we believe everyone deserves to work in a collaborative, open-minded and inspiring environment. We work hard to make sure everyone has the support they need to thrive. Our 3 core values are diversity, purpose and collaboration:
- We believe that good ideas come from anywhere. We embrace diversity and look for team members who have different skills but similar values.
- We want to make a significant impact on the take, make, waste economy of today. We believe that technology can provide solutions that enable this and work hard to make our ideas a reality.
- No politics, no drama, no slacking. We believe in technology-enabled collaboration. Whether you are working remotely or in our offices, you will always find someone to help you.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Makersite, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We believe that diverse teams are the best teams and we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law).
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.