At GET Protocol we're working on becoming the standard ticketing infrastructure layer on the modern internet. We develop the backbone, tooling and secret sauce needed for building equity in the shady realm of ticketing. In doing so we cover a lot of ground; whether it's providing event organisers with better access to financing, or giving ticketing companies the features they need to build more transparent & user friendly operations.
In order to walk the walk, we have set up GUTS Tickets, our very own blueprint of a modern ticketing company. Operating GUTS allows us to showcase the full range of benefits that our tech enables. We simultaneously serve existing clients and design the future of digital ticketing. That means dreaming up entirely new features and services and then putting them to work in the wild.
We are SCALING UP! It's the unique time in our history where we are growing and growing fast. Reaching milestones year after year is not easy, therefore we need you to help us. Our tech team needs some extra brain to conquer the world. Do you want to be one of us?
What is the challenge
As a DevOps engineer you will work in our development teams to ensure that our infrastructure is stable, reliable, fast and secure. You will design, present, discuss and implement our cloud-driven infrastructure that grows with our continuous (worldwide) expansion and help us serve tens to hundreds of thousands users eagery getting tickets for festivals and shows in minutes
- Orchestrate, extend, maintain and upgrade our multi-region infrastructure (as code);
- Ensure and main stability and responsiveness of our systems through monitoring and load testing;
- Define and implement a robust security strategy;
- Make sure we can continuously deploy our new apps and features.
What we expect from you
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers, Docker, Kubernetes (Ideally “Cloud Agnostic”)
- Familiar with tools like Terraform, Pulumi, Ansible
- Comfortable with instrumenting tools such as ELK, Prometheus, New Relic, Sentry, Grafana
- Scripting and automation through Python
- 2+ years of professional experience DevOps, Infrastructure engineer or Site reliability engineer role
- Experience with working in self-managed agile teams
- Able to fluently communicate in English
Nice to have
- Experience in maintaining and working with CI/CD infrastructures (Gitlab)
- Experience with EKS
- Experience with GitOps
- Experience with CouchDB, PostgreSQL, Elastic Search
What's in it for you
- Competitive salary based on experience;
- Part-time or full-time is negotiable;
- ESOP (SARS) or token plan are negotiable;
- Employee-based conference, hardware and training budget is available.
- Fully remote possible, within certain timezones (but you'll miss out on our kick-ass office
PlayStation and 4K TV gaming-battles, ping-pong & darts games, Friday-afternoon bbq/drinks on roof terrace (looking over Amsterdam), committed team-members from all over the world, meetups & lightning talks, access to "fill in whatever you want" events & conferences. We also have informal company-wide updates every month, where we check in with every team and have a drink - or three.