Emerson is a leading global technology, software and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
We are currently seeking a DevOps Engineer to support our growing global development teams due to our continued growth and success. Working as a member of our Connected Services team, you will work very closely with our development teams to design, deploy and manage global cloud infrastructure that enables secure, efficient, significant application development, deployment, and operations.
- Support our product development teams through automated provisioning and optimization of cloud infrastructure
- Collaborate with our senior architects to design and build cloud-based development environments to support our global team
- Work closely with our development teams throughout the development cycle, employing automation techniques for secure, efficient, scalable, and cost-effective build processes
- Deploy effective tools for monitoring the performance and security of the build processes
- Work with our Development and Operations teams to monitor and support our cloud infrastructure for a range of development and production environments
- Assist with troubleshooting and tuning our cloud infrastructure during dev, test and production builds
- Work closely with testing and validation teams to enable appropriate testing environments and parameters
- Build and manage a repository of cloud infrastructure that can be mobilized on-demand to enable our product support teams to deliver timely and efficient service to our customers
- Build, document, and manage ITSM and ITIL processes to support auditable operational environments to meet standard-based and regulatory requirements like ISO 27001, 27002, 27019 and GDPR
- 3+ years of DevOps experience in working with development teams, with a demonstrated understanding of the entire development lifecycle
- At least 2 years of experience in designing and implementing Docker/Kubernetes solutions (AKS preferred)
- Experience in designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines (Azure DevOps preferred)
- Need to have expertise in Cloud services (Azure, AWS, etc. preferably for Azure)
- Working knowledge of databases (SQL Server, MySQL, Mongo DB, Cosmos DB)
- Working knowledge of scripts (Python, PowerShell...etc.)
- Basic Linux knowledge
- Good at making DevOps processes documentation (User Guide, Release Notes, Wiki...etc.
- Knowledge in networking and network models
- Experience in updating threat models and developing solutions to defined network and security gap analysis Practical understanding of tools used throughout the secure development cycle, such as Azure DevOps, Git, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a real passion for technology and a desire to help people
- Ability to work independently while supporting remote teams
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills