Location: Tysons Corner, VA (@ Greensboro Metro stop) or Remote
A few words about the company (mission/vision):
At configure8, we're creating the future of software development. There's never been a better time to be a developer - we have access to so much infrastructure and so many services, but the complexity of creating, managing, and discovering services, microservices, serverless functions, data pipelines and more has added a massive amount of complexity. configure8 is building a platform that empowers developers and devops engineers by simplifying and accelerating service development. We're building this platform so that you and other developers can have a simple way to create, manage, and discover services in your organization.
We're looking for a Devops Architect to lead the development of our infrastructure components. This is a critical element of our product. It's your chance to build something developers will truly want to use. We're early-stage. You'll be working with our small and growing team of seasoned developers with backgrounds that include Microsoft, Google, NASA, Yahoo!, and several successful early-stage start-ups. Expect to have lots of impact beyond infrastructure and a seat at the table helping us craft the vision of the company.
You're a self starter, work independently, are comfortable with ambiguity, able to articulate your point of view to the team, and love open/honest/critical conversations. You move fast, are thoughtful, and have a desire to learn and also make others great. You want to build close relationships with our customers. You are a fast learner with no religion on architecture/frameworks/languages. You believe your work is a reflection of you and your team and therefore it's got to be great. You're an amazing written, verbal and visual communicator. You have a passion for creating well factored, high reuse and extensible systems.
We're seeking someone so passionate about solving these problems that you're ready to quit your job and start a company to do this. You've been clawing at this but have never been able to productize your knowledge. You obsess about automating these pain points away, have entrepreneurial passion and want that experience, and, ideally, have had a diversity of client/implementation exposure over a number of tools and companies - you've got broad empathy
Must have qualifications:
- Degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or mathematics
- Demonstrated track record of producing large amounts of automation in short amounts of time
- Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback.
- Solid development practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
- Working knowledge about one or more of the following: Cloud tools like AWS, AZ, GCE, etc; Configuration automation tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, etc;
- Experience with continuous integration tools like Github Actions, GitLabs CI, Circle CI, etc;
- Familiarity with container and microservices technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, AWS EKS, istio, etc;
- Understanding of security technologies like OAuth, etc
- Ability to work closely with the product management and design team to define feature requirements and deliver the product that materially impacts the business and improves the customer experience.
We offer platinum quality health, vision and dental plans 99% paid for by the company, as well as an unlimited vacation policy.
We also offer a unique learning experience for those passionate about building products and companies from the ground up. Gain exposure to this process from colleagues who have built and scaled start-ups, launched new products like Bing and Google Voice, led engineering organizations from 2 people to 1,200+, and much more.
Competitive compensation package.