Biofourmis' technology is applicable to a multitude of different therapeutics areas. We are building out a dramatically expanded of solutions to address heart failure, oncology, and infectious diseases. The DevOps engineer will contribute in enhancing the existing automated cloud-based infrastructure and design and implement the next generation IaC platform. As a member of the DevOps team, this individual will be instrumental in increasing deployment velocity into the production environment and monitoring various systems continuously for health and uptime. The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for automation of infrastructure using infrastructure-as-code and SRE principles.
- Support and help manage the whole AWS infrastructure for all production sites for world class uptime and resiliency metrics.
- Help Build, scale, and secure application cloud infrastructure using tools like Terraform, Kubernetes, and Docker.
- Build and maintain robust CI/CD pipelines with codeDeploy and Bitbucket pipelines
- Advocate and implement industry best practices for configuration management and build/deployment automation
- Work closely with developers to provide insight into operational, security, and performance considerations
- Work closely with developers during the deployment and testing phases to provide insight into operational, security, and performance considerations
- Participate in an on-call rotation to triage and analyze abnormalities in system operation leveraging instrumentation like ELK
- Perseverance to debug complex problems across the whole stack
- Create tooling that works across cloud providers like AWS, Azure
- Help optimize and define engineering processes.
Experience / Training:
- 4+ years of experience in DevOps/Systems Administration with 2+ years of experience with cloud-based provisioning, monitoring, and troubleshooting (preferably AWS or Azure) applications.
- Practitioner experience with containerization (docker & Kubernetes), cloud technologies, tools (Jenkins, CodeDeploy) and practices (CI/CD patterns, automated provisioning & release, GitOps, IaC)
- Work experience in medical devices / biotech company.
- Cloud & DevOps Certifications e.g., AWS Architect, Developer or Ops
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science or relevant engineering discipline.
- An equivalent of the same in working experience is also accepted for the position.
- Solution design to deployment, indepth experience with various leading technologies/services like Kafka, Pyspark, Fission, Kubernetes, IoT hub, Redis, timescaleDB, mongodb, AKS, EKS, S3, AWS glue, Athena.
- Hands-on experience Deploying and managing Highly Available, Scalable and resilient AWS/AZURE cloud application.
- Expertise in Infrastructure automation tools like Terraform, Ansible or CloudFormation
- Strong knowledge in at least one scripting language, preferably Python/Golang
- Strong experience of monitoring solution like Prometheus, Grafana, ELK
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, the ability to innovate, inspire, and collaborate with cross group/functional teams with a high degree of independence and success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills targeting a broad range of audiences from engineers to senior leadership.