Commonwealth Informatics is led by top technology innovators with deep experience in medical product safety, public health surveillance and clinical research who collaborate with regulators, industry, and academia to develop the next generation of analytical solutions for pharmacovigilance and public health.
We have a start-up culture, and all enjoy being hands on. We are not overly hierarchical and like to keep corporate processes to a minimum where possible. You will be given the agency and freedom to drive your role and define your strategies.
Commonwealth Informatics is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
We are creating a dedicated DevOps team to turbocharge our development and deployment processes and set us up for growth.
As DevOps Director, you will be working closely with the CTO and Product Development group to drive adoption of cloud native architectures and to operationalise DevOps techniques throughout our product development and support lifecyle. You will manage a small team of DevOps Engineers to identify, prioritize and implement architectural changes to our current stack that enable faster deployments, less maintenance and lower operating costs.
- Support the CTO in defining the architectural vision and roadmap.
- Identify, document, and implement cloud infrastructure changes in line with agreed architectural vision. Identify and support required changes to product software where needed.
- Develop automation scripts / pipelines for infrastructure and application deployments with goal of eliminating manual installation steps
- Plan and manage the work of the DevOps team, reviewing work quality and providing technical oversight and feedback
- Define and implement improvements to long-term infrastructure availability and reliability, including tools to improve System Operations, such as monitoring and logging frameworks.
- Maintain product source code repository and support branching process
- Support and resolve issues related to Product Development environments.
- Support SysOps team with troubleshooting infrastructure, network and software issues for client environments where needed.
- Staying up to date with recent technology trends and tools.
- Experienced in working in organizations that deliver B2B SaaS products and services to valued clients.
- Very hands on, with proven experience of managing a team of engineers to deliver outcomes in a cross functional setting.
- Experienced in architecting and deploying AWS based product solutions utilizing EC2, S3, EKS/Kubernetes, Lambda, Console, CLI, Cloudtrail, IAM, SAML, Cognito, RDS, Java, Python, SQL, Tomcat, Unix / Shell scripting.
- Driven to automate everything! With hands on experience using Ansible, and CloudFormation.
- Experienced in setting up and maintaining CI-CD pipelines including Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifact Management.
Nice to have:
- Ideally experienced in networking protocols and load balancing techniques on AWS.
- Ideally experienced with Life Sciences systems development and Information Security and associated regulations, such as CSV, GxP/GAMP, GDPR and ISO 27001 standards.
- Ideally holding relevant professional training certifications, i.e. AWS DevOps and AWS Solution Architect certifications.
- Deploying and configuring Cloud management tools, such as Cloudbolt.io