Staysure Group is an award winning insurtech organisation changing the way customers work with insurers. We’ve been selling award-winning insurance products and services since 2004 and we have an exciting portfolio of market leading brands including Staysure, Avanti, Paying Too Much, Petsure, ROCK and the newest addition Wapp!
We want to take that faff out of insurance and even bring a bit of joy to our customers, something you never thought you'd hear an insurer say!
We’ve been bold, innovative and adaptable allowing us to set ourselves even further ahead of the pack, building on our strong foundations for an exciting future.
You and your role:
We are looking for an experience Cloud Operations Manager whose key role will be to monitor administration processes and sign-off AWS resource changes – focus on minimising costs whilst optimising security and performance. You would be working with the Head of Infrastructure & Cloud, Service Delivery and the wider Implementations team to deliver an ongoing infrastructure services vision.
- Day to day technical leadership and line management of a team of System Engineers and DBAs.
- Work on strategic projects focused on the overall improvement of the Company’s operational processes and frameworks.
- Hands-on technical work with the Cloud Operations team with direct oversight over on-going operations, problem-solving leadership, participation for complex infrastructure implementation, system upgrades and time-critical operational troubleshooting.
- Team leadership for delivery of service operations and KPI compliance.
- Close working relationship with the development teams for the implementation of new functionality, services and systems.
- Work with the Head of Infrastructure & Operations and the wider Implementation, Service Delivery, Development and Support functions to deliver an on-going infrastructure services vision, to enable innovation, and seek to leverage IT trends that can create business value.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience of leading technical teams within a fast-paced environment.
- Experience within the Cloud Technologies and Platforms, including but not limited to :
- AWS Cloud
- AWS services (Identity Management, Service Principles, Security Groups, Role Management, MFA)
- Cloud Security and Connectivity (vNet, DNS, Firewalls, Express Route / Direct Connect, VPN, GTM, NSG)
- Subscription Management (Resource Groups, cost management)
- Cloud Monitoring
- DevOps (git Repository / Deployment pipeline)
- Shared Services (Kubernetes, API Management)
- High Availability (Zones and Regions, Service Recovery)
- Understanding of Security technologies and log management (SIEM)