As a Cloud Consultant for Infrastructure, you will work with Google strategic customers on cloud infrastructure (e.g., networking, security, containerization, development operations) projects that enable and transform their business. You will provide consulting, thought leadership, and technical expertise on customer engagements to drive decisions and execution. You will be working with customer program owners, architects, and key technical leaders to bring solutions on Google Cloud Platform. You will also work closely with key Google partners, to deliver joint consulting services, providing technical guidance and best infrastructure practices.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations' ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google's cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in program/project management, with a focus on consulting projects.
- Experience in networking, security, containerization, or development operations in system landscapes.
- Experience in compute infrastructure (servers, databases, firewalls, load balancers) with architecting, designing, and delivering solutions.
- MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science or an Engineering field.
- 10 years of experience in technical customer service, customer-facing cloud migration, including service discovery, assessment, planning, execution, and operations.
- Experience in one or more of the following disciplines: Software development, managing large-scale Windows/Linux environments, network design and deployment, database, storage systems.
- Experience with networking and system design of load balancers, firewalls, and VPN in architecting, developing and/or maintaining production-grade systems.
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation such as DevSecOps, infrastructure-as-code, software-defined networking, containerization (Kubernetes), or serverless.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Work with customer technical leads, architects, customer managers, and partners to plan and deliver successful implementations of cloud infrastructure projects. Be a trusted advisor to decision makers throughout the engagement.
- Work with Internal Specialists, Product, and Engineering teams to package best practices and lessons learned into thought leadership, methodologies, and published assets.
- Interact with sales, partners, and customer technical stakeholders to manage project scope, priorities, deliverables, risks/issues, and timelines for successful customer outcomes.
- Advocate for customer needs in order to overcome adoption blockers and drive new feature development.
- Design solution architectures and manage the deployment of cloud based distributed virtualized or containerized infrastructure solutions according to complex customer requirements.