DBS is looking to hire a Big Data Engineer with the following competencies:
- Operating Systems (Linux)
- Databases (MySQL/MariaDB)
- Hadoop (Cloudera)
- Bigdata Technologies (Apache Spark, Impala, Python)
- Ansible, Python
- Dockers , Kubernetes
- Collaborates and works with Engineering team to develop technical solutions, plans and configuration, in response to requirements from Business and Application teams.
- Plan and build efficient data platforms, systems and infrastructure for intelligent engines which empower business critical features leveraging background of distributed systems and scalable analytics.
- Derive engineering principals for running platform in most optimized way. Conducts performance analysis and tuning on regular basis.
- Supports Innovation; Identify new areas of improvement for data infrastructure, big data technology with an eye to solve business problems.
- Assess common patterns and problems to create standardized solutions by centrally building core services and technology frameworks for analytics, intelligence and data technology teams.
- Automate system operations and establish zero touch routines.
- Apply new technology and process to improve system supportability, recoverability, availability and performance. Leverage and establish best practices for Big Data Platform
- Perform application tuning, code reviews and share guidance to different application teams to ensure platform efficiency and stability.
- Supports a clear communication strategy that keeps all relevant stakeholders informed and provides an opportunity to influence the direction of the work
- Possess good understanding and experience with analytical frameworks and languages such as SQL, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible etc.
- Well-versed in data analytics concepts, technologies and applications
- Proven background of performance tuning and triage for Data infrastructure
- Hands-on experience in implementing data Infrastructure solution